Talk

Advanced search

Pls post your fave nns for Elizabeth....

(75 Posts)
deliakate Tue 12-Jul-11 21:18:19

this is now officially dd's name. Am having slight regret I didn't choose Isabella (sob), so need a pretty nn I can use to soften the blow of not really liking Elizabeth. Which are feminine and useable in your opinion?

Papyrus Tue 12-Jul-11 21:21:03

Elsa or Eliza

If you don't like Elizabeth, why not change? I take it DD is a small baby?

jellybeans Tue 12-Jul-11 21:21:29

I like Beth but it would put me off having a different initial than given name. I would go for Lizzie. Good name choice, much better than Isabella- I like that but it is sooo popular! BUT if you really don't like it could you change it?

Summerbird73 Tue 12-Jul-11 21:21:31

Libby is an unusual but nice nickname.

Lizzie is nice too (my sisters friend calls herself Lizzie and she is v sophisticated smile )

I used to love Elizabeth until a girl of that name stalked DH (when he was DBF) which annoyed me greatly as i always wanted that name for a girl! But you can make lots of lovely names from it.

Tillyscoutsmum Tue 12-Jul-11 21:22:20

I know a Bess (Bessie), Beth, Eliza and a Betsy.

CandiceMariePratt Tue 12-Jul-11 21:23:32

Betty

bagelmonkey Tue 12-Jul-11 21:23:53

I know a Buff/Buffy.

bigbluebump Tue 12-Jul-11 21:26:11

I agree - if you regret the decision and prefer Isabella, you can easily change within the first 12 months.

I'd choose an nickname starting with E so that the initial is the same as Elisabeth. Makes life much easier when labelling things/clothes etc.

LaTristesse Tue 12-Jul-11 21:29:31

My faves are Beth, Betsy and Betty.

Jojay Tue 12-Jul-11 21:33:08

Lizzy or Beth - lovely.

MUCH nice than Isabella wink

JemimaMuddledUp Tue 12-Jul-11 21:33:38

Isn't Isabelle actually a version of Elizabeth?

I like Lilibet or Libby.

moaningminniewhingesagain Tue 12-Jul-11 21:33:57

I would go for Betty as a nn

Sirzy Tue 12-Jul-11 21:34:47

If DS was a girl he would have been Elizabeth NN Libby

farkly Tue 12-Jul-11 21:35:13

Bess

wotabouttheworkers Tue 12-Jul-11 21:37:21

Liza, Lizbet, Betty, Betsy, Zilla, Ella, Elz, Betta, Ebet, Bess, Bessie, Ebz, Ebza, Bez, Bezza, Bezzie, Zebbie, Ezzie, Beth, Betha, Eba, Ezet, Ezbet, Etta, Ezba

Creamandcustard Tue 12-Jul-11 21:38:52

Oh I love Elizabeth - if dc3 is a girl that will definitely possibly be our choice with Beth as preferred nn. Though I like the many, many options. I think Betsy is quite sweet too.

I also much prefer it to Isabella grin

makeyourmindup Tue 12-Jul-11 21:39:12

Buffy. I knew a little Buffy once, she was lovely.

Haribojoe Tue 12-Jul-11 21:43:04

I like Libby or Betty.

iklboo Tue 12-Jul-11 21:44:38

My nana was Bette (like Ms Midler) or Lal blush

deliakate Tue 12-Jul-11 21:56:57

Some nice suggestions, thanks. I wd love to change to Isabella. Dd is still only 6 wks. BUT we told everyone at first her name was something else (Imogen) and then had to tell them all it was changed to elizabeth, so I feel like I cannot do it again. I'm sad because I tried to please everyone, but now feel like I can't connect to her and its all a mess.

baskingseals Tue 12-Jul-11 22:00:50

she's your baby, not anyone else's. if you want to change her name, then change it. it's ok to change your mind.

i found incredibly hard to name my dc, and if i had to do it all again i would call them different names.

congratulations, and enjoy your dd. and call her what YOU like.

LaTristesse Tue 12-Jul-11 22:01:02

Sorry to read you're feeling sad OP. It's terrible you feel your relationship with your baby is suffering as a result of this. Because of that I'd say change the name. Other people's opinions and saving face aren't important in the scheme of things. Feeling good with your new baby is. Good luck...

razzlebathbone Tue 12-Jul-11 22:04:43

Change her name if that's what you want. Don't worry about everyone else.

Re. Elizabeth, I like Lizzie best.

AlexandraPeppernose Tue 12-Jul-11 22:16:07

I had Elizabeth with the intention of having an Eliza or Betty but when she was born it turned out Lizzy fitted her perfectly.

PaperBank Tue 12-Jul-11 22:18:40

If you want to change to Isabella, don't take any notice of anyone else. You don't have to make some big announcement, just let people know gradually.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now