Talk

Advanced search

Abraham/Aemoss/Eliah/Ezekiel/Israel/Emilio

(9 Posts)
OscarLove Sat 09-Jul-11 23:03:40

I really like the above names. Are there any thoughts on these? Negative opinions more than welcome smile

meditrina Sat 09-Jul-11 23:08:06

Of these, I think Abraham and Emilio are great.

I don't like the spelling Aemoss (Amos is fine), and Eliah looks as if it can't make up its mind whether it's Elijah or Elias. Israel might be difficult to live with (RL politics and all that).

OscarLove Sat 09-Jul-11 23:12:37

Thanks Meditrina smile Do you think Emilio is nice for an English boy, or would it only suit a boy from meditereannean (sp) origins?

nooka Sun 10-Jul-11 00:26:49

I agree with Medttrina about Aemoss and Eliah (our dog is called Amos and ds's best friend is Elijah). I would expect an Emilio to have some Mediterranean connection.

Abraham/Abe would be a cool name - I don't know any.

cloudydays Sun 10-Jul-11 00:45:10

I agree with meditrina about Aemoss, Isreal and Eliah.

I would expect an Emilio to have a Med connection, but I also wouldn't think it was odd if I found out that he didn't, if that makes sense.

I like Ezekiel better than Abraham, and Zeke better than Abe, but they're both good solid names.

meditrina Sun 10-Jul-11 07:22:20

I would expect an Emilio to have southern connexions, but not show-stoppingly so.

I missed Ezekiel in my earlier post - it doesn't quite do it for me, but it's a good name and has nice nns (like Zico).

PaperBank Sun 10-Jul-11 09:01:42

Abraham - nice, and you can have Abe as nickname
Eliah - I like Elijah, but haven't heard of Eliah and it sounds a bit feminine
Ezekiel - like, and like Zeke for short
Israel - not keen on country names for people
Emilio - prefer Emil

kreecherlivesupstairs Sun 10-Jul-11 09:28:09

None stand out in hideousness, athough I would say the first five are Hebrew ish ITMS and the last one is very mediterannean.
Of them all I like Amos.

PaperBank Sun 10-Jul-11 09:48:30

Missed out Amos - like it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now