Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

Just had to share the awfulness of this girl's name!

(10 Posts)
MeantToStopAtTwo Sat 09-Jul-11 13:18:13

This name just came up on my facebook feed as a friend of a friend in the US has it. It is....

Brandice (Brandy for short)

I think I may tell family and friends that we plan to call our next DD this, just to see the looks on their faces.

VivaLeBeaver Sat 09-Jul-11 13:19:23

I think brandy is quite a common name in America. Common as in not unusual.

hellymelly Sat 09-Jul-11 13:21:51

My auntie's labrador was called Brandy....but yes,it isn't unusual in the States as a girl's nn

kreecherlivesupstairs Sat 09-Jul-11 13:57:52

Brandice sounds like a Simpsons name. The redneck family have a Brandice I think.

hulabula Sat 09-Jul-11 14:44:53

I know a lovely American Brandice - it's not that bad, is it? Better than Brenda smile.

bran Sat 09-Jul-11 14:53:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ednurse Sat 09-Jul-11 14:56:05

Brandine is the name of the one on The Simpsons wink still awful though....

Eglu Sat 09-Jul-11 15:00:52

Brandice sounds bizarre.

bran Jesus Santana is pretty cool. But there are lots of Mexican and South American people called Jesus, I knew a couple when I lived in NY. They pronounce it Hesoos though.

PonceyMcPonce Sat 09-Jul-11 15:02:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Rhubarbgarden Sat 09-Jul-11 18:32:01

I met a lovely Barbara Beveredge years ago; she ran a B&B in Kent. It seemed the perfect name for a very hospitable lady!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: