Talk

Advanced search

What do you think of these names?

(7 Posts)
kateg27 Thu 07-Jul-11 17:20:08

I have a shortlist of names if baby is a girl. The boys name has already been decided as Zachary Oliver.
The names are
Eliza,
Harriet,
Tabitha,
Annabelle,
Cassandra,
Please give honest opinions.
My other children are Dominic, Madeleine and Amelie.

KnitterNotTwitter Thu 07-Jul-11 17:22:55

Dominic, Madeline and Amelie are all french names so i'm not sure if Eliza, Harriet or Tabitha go with that... Annabelle definitely does. don't like Cassandra I'm afraid...

SloganLogan Thu 07-Jul-11 18:30:10

Agree that Annabelle fits best with the other names. Also like Cassandra with nickname Cassie.

Harriet also quite nice, and Eliza is OK (though a bit nicknamey) but don't go so well with your other DCs' names. Really don't like Tabitha, sorry.

BBNElea Thu 07-Jul-11 18:55:33

Annabelle is definitely the best in terms of "fit" with the others in that, like Dominic, Madeleine and Amelie, it has the option for a variety of nicknames. Cassandra hits that mark too.

All the names, including your children's names, are popular Victorian-darlings so any of them would work in terms of style. And they all simultaneously manage to feel both sweet and elegant.

To be honest, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the options.

Rhubarbgarden Thu 07-Jul-11 19:25:08

I like the first three, dislike the other two. Tabitha is my favourite.

exoticfruits Thu 07-Jul-11 19:39:20

Eliza or Harriet

MelinaM Thu 07-Jul-11 20:18:01

Tabitha is my favourite too, and goes so well with your other DC's namessmile

Eliza and Annabelle are becoming very popular so I'd avoid those.

Cassandra is a bit 'Only Fools & Horses' for me!

Harriet is nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now