Talk

Advanced search

Carmen, Bianca and Monica

(13 Posts)
OscarLove Tue 05-Jul-11 20:43:34

I like the names as in my subject title. Are they stuck way in the past and should be kept there?

girliefriend Tue 05-Jul-11 20:49:36

def don't saddle the poor child with Bianca (que lots of RICKY jibes)

Monica just makes me think of Monica from friends.

Carmen hmmmm not sure out of those 3 the less of 3 evils!!!

purepurple Tue 05-Jul-11 20:53:16

I know a 4 year old Carmen and it really suits her. It is the best of the 3 on your list.

MelinaM Tue 05-Jul-11 21:35:20

Carmen is lovely

Bianca = Ricky, I agree!

Monica = Friends, I agree again!

thisisyesterday Tue 05-Jul-11 21:38:22

i love Bianca, it reminds of a little girl i was at school with, and also the mouse from the rescuers grin
and under-used these days (poss cos of eastenders)

Monica is also lovely.

not so keen on Carmen

squareegg Tue 05-Jul-11 21:43:10

I really like them all smile
Doubt the future children of the playground will have watched ancient EEs, I like the meaning too.
Know a few Monica's though maybe with different spellings as they are east European and they are all lovely, so maybe that's why I like the name.

squareegg Tue 05-Jul-11 21:43:11

I really like them all smile
Doubt the future children of the playground will have watched ancient EEs, I like the meaning too.
Know a few Monica's though maybe with different spellings as they are east European and they are all lovely, so maybe that's why I like the name.

squareegg Tue 05-Jul-11 21:43:38

No idea why that happened!

SloganLogan Tue 05-Jul-11 21:53:56

1. Monica
2. Carmen
3. Bianca

Rhubarbgarden Tue 05-Jul-11 22:03:41

Bianca is due a renaissance.

moshchops Tue 05-Jul-11 22:05:23

Monica as a name always makes me laugh.
My friend's sister is called Monica, her parents call her 'R Monica - yes, it does sound just like Harmonica. For that reason alone Monica is a no no for me.

manicinsomniac Wed 06-Jul-11 07:24:38

The only time I've heard of Bianca is as a Shakespearean name (Taming of the Shrew). I'm not sure whether that connotation is less well known than Eastenders. Is that Bianca a current character? If she's already in the past now then by the time your child is old enough to care she'll be long forgotten and you can refer to it as classic Shakesperean-Italian again grin

Don't like Monica.

Like Carmen but only for a hispanic child really.

oohlaalaa Wed 06-Jul-11 10:27:50

I love Carmen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now