Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

create a nickname for benjamin please

(19 Posts)
mamaesi Mon 04-Jul-11 21:24:16

we are considering benjamin, its a family name... but I find ben a bit boring and not so keen on benjy either...

can you think of another nickname to call him?

tammy234 Mon 04-Jul-11 21:30:27

You want to call your son Benjamin and hate both Ben and Benji hmm

I'd consider choosing another name whose nicknames you like smile.

SloganLogan Mon 04-Jul-11 21:30:59

Benny, Jamin, Jamie, Enja

I'll stop before I suggest Engine, Bin, Bam, Emin...

yellowflowers Mon 04-Jul-11 22:20:43

Manny

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Mon 04-Jul-11 22:22:22

You can call him whatever you want - Boo/Bambam/Bean/Mimmy/whatever tbh - but everybody else will call him Ben: guaranteed.

tigana Mon 04-Jul-11 22:23:53

James?
Stephen?
Daniel?
Oliver?

Basically... choose another name. smile

kikid Mon 04-Jul-11 22:26:21

bj, is what he may get called!

FellatioNelson Mon 04-Jul-11 22:29:06

Agree with the others - NEVER pick Benjamin if you don't Ben. You may use it, but you guarantee everyone else will. Use it as a middle name and pick a name you really like instead.

kalo12 Mon 04-Jul-11 22:29:43

benito

smallpotato Wed 06-Jul-11 13:20:51

We know a Jamie who we found out recently is actually called Benjamin. They never ever refer to him as Benjamin, it was only when I asked 'is it James or Jamie on his birth certificate' they laughed and said actually it's Benjamin!

So you can get away with it if you stick to your guns with the nickname (and don't tell anyone!)

smallpotato Wed 06-Jul-11 13:20:51

We know a Jamie who we found out recently is actually called Benjamin. They never ever refer to him as Benjamin, it was only when I asked 'is it James or Jamie on his birth certificate' they laughed and said actually it's Benjamin!

So you can get away with it if you stick to your guns with the nickname (and don't tell anyone!)

BluddyMoFo Wed 06-Jul-11 13:23:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GwendolineMaryLacey Wed 06-Jul-11 13:27:20

You have two options;

Learn to love Ben
Pick an entirely different name altogether.

BrianKnowsAll Wed 06-Jul-11 13:34:20

my son is Lewis, i hated the shorted down Lew before and insisted it would just be Lewis, but Lew seems to roll off the tongue so easy you don't even notice your doing it until it becomes so familiar its grown on you. You may find the same with 'Ben'. i still love the name Lewis and he gets called it 80% of the time but sometimes its just easier to call out 'Lew come and get your dinner etc'

BrianKnowsAll Wed 06-Jul-11 13:36:41

another nickname for Benjamin could be Nen or Jay - Jay

Sophiesmummie Wed 06-Jul-11 18:21:21

Lew pronounced as Loo shock?

ellesabe Thu 07-Jul-11 10:38:26

How about Jamin?

BrianKnowsAll Thu 07-Jul-11 13:40:23

Lew, like Lou the old man on neighbours, its a common shortening for the name Lewis, common here anyway, don't understand the shock face its not like we call him looroll.... confused

Fimbo Thu 07-Jul-11 13:49:24

Please don't go with it unless you are happy. Nearly the entire male population of ds's & dd's schools are some derivative of Benjamin. Honestly I know thousands of them. I don't dislike the name but it is just overkill.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: