Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Heidi Ho

(6 Posts)
ellesabe Sat 02-Jul-11 19:17:24

Hi all, I love the name Heidi but our surname begins with 'Ho...' and I can't decide whether it will result in endless Heidi Hi, Heidi Ho references. It is a hard 'o' sound rather than a soft one (eg. hopman rather than hopeman) so I'm not sure if it would be an issue.

lalabaloo Sat 02-Jul-11 20:52:37

I don't think it will be a problem, most kids wouldn't even think of it! You might get a couple of adults say it but just give them an evil glare! x

Kayano Mon 11-Jul-11 19:10:46

That is so freaky! M in exactly the same boat! I'm not going to do it though because our surname is just one syllable! My god I thought I was reading my own thoughts!

olddeuteronomy Tue 12-Jul-11 21:18:10

I don't think any kids would be aware of that reference! However, I would personally avoid an alliterative name, having one myself - I always thought it sounded a bit comedy. Does depend on the hame though.

TillyIpswitch Wed 13-Jul-11 04:18:38

If you really, really love it, then use it - it will probably be fine! It will only be our gen and older who will get the joke.

When I was little, practically every adult who met me, cracked the 'is a bell necessary on a bike?' joke at me (which I did not get until I was at least 13 grin [/dunce]), but nobody has said it to me for yeeeeears.

CharlieCoCo Wed 13-Jul-11 15:50:58

therw will always be some weirdo who will come up with some joke about everyname, but they r the minority. if u love the name-and its lovely-then gonwith it. chances are if u change it to one who arent as happy about, some kid-or adult-will come up with a joke or stra ge nn anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now