Talk

Advanced search

baby names - best reactions

(12 Posts)
hightrees Sat 02-Jul-11 12:46:29

Viz the discussion of the day (worst reactions). Oh go on, some dc must have names that make (most) people go 'ooooh' with enthusiasm, rather than with horror? Have you got one of these?
Caveat - you have to reveal the name.
BTW you can't get a 100% ooohyeh+ since seems to me that it's always our parents/in law who hate the names. Then again, maybe some of you struck lucky on that count too.
Hmm, this thread may not get many hits... grin

Psammead Sat 02-Jul-11 14:00:42

I get a lot of positive reactionsabout DD's first name, especially the full version.

Best one was that it reminded someone of the main character in a book they had read, and a few days later, they turned up with the book as a gift for DD.

bagelmonkey Sat 02-Jul-11 14:06:35

Psammead
That's so sweet.
As long as the name's not 'stinky face' from I love you stinky face!
wink

bagelmonkey Sat 02-Jul-11 14:07:01

What's her name?

irishqueen Sat 02-Jul-11 14:23:29

I made a wee nun cry outside m and s! She was commenting on my babies lovely big blue eyes and said she looked just like her sister who died as a baby! Turns out they were both called Maeve. I may have had a wee hormonal tear too as Maeve beamed at her!

irishqueen Sat 02-Jul-11 14:23:29

I made a wee nun cry outside m and s! She was commenting on my babies lovely big blue eyes and said she looked just like her sister who died as a baby! Turns out they were both called Maeve. I may have had a wee hormonal tear too as Maeve beamed at her!

hightrees Sat 02-Jul-11 14:25:49

Ooo I love Maeve - and you made a nun cry!

Psammead Sat 02-Jul-11 14:29:31

Her name is Lucia.

UrsulaBuffay Sat 02-Jul-11 15:43:28

I live a long way from my family, we had just had a bereavement when DD was born and when I spoke to my Mum after having her she said everyone loves her name, Nan looked it up & she loved that it meant bright, shining one.

Phoebe.

lockets Sat 02-Jul-11 15:51:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BulletWithAName Sat 02-Jul-11 16:55:04

Lots of people say my DD's name sounds like a princess' name- I take it as a compliment smile

Psammead Sat 02-Jul-11 20:00:13

Cassius is awesome.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now