Talk

Advanced search

last opinions wanted please

(18 Posts)
daisybear Sat 02-Jul-11 11:01:28

due for my c-section next monday so this will be the last time i ask for opinions...apologies if i'm repeating myself a bit.

We have Laila and Lilah on our last (as well as others but i've asked opinions on them already). I like them both but can't choose between them.

so opinions please on Laila (pn Lay-la) and Lilah (pn lie-la). what do u think when u hear these names?

thank you

GwendolineMaryLacey Sat 02-Jul-11 11:04:09

Like Layla lots, not so keen on Lilah. Tbh I prefer Leila, just to annoy you smile

Psammead Sat 02-Jul-11 14:02:34

Lilah will ge people calling her Lila - which I prefer honestly.

I like Laila best - very pretty.

Prinpo Sat 02-Jul-11 14:16:26

I'd go with Laila too (although you'll have to put up with people misspelling it, but I wouldn't be put off by that).

Good luck with your section - I've got mine a week on Monday smile.

mummy2b2011 Sat 02-Jul-11 14:33:20

I really like Lila....or Lilah. Don't really like Laila- sounds a bit middle-aged.

ellesabe Sat 02-Jul-11 19:19:50

I know a lovely 6 year-old called Lila so that gets my vote smile

sancerrre Sat 02-Jul-11 19:24:43

Laila. (but prefer Leila spelling)

smokeandglitter Sat 02-Jul-11 20:15:33

Lila <3

MelinaM Sat 02-Jul-11 20:29:36

Lilah without the h would be lovely,! Lila smile ...or you could go with Delilah grin

ohnelly Sat 02-Jul-11 20:54:37

Prefer Leah?

lalabaloo Sat 02-Jul-11 20:59:08

Laila is a beautiful name, I'm not so keen on Lilah

daisybear Sun 03-Jul-11 08:56:48

prinpo i'm booked in for my section same day as you....good luck with yours too hun smile

thanks for the opinions. seems a mix bag and not one of them particularly hated over the other. Think deep down i prefer Laila although i think Lilah might be less popular...... maybe i will see what she looks like and just know what her name is...... smile

lilaloves Sun 03-Jul-11 09:29:07

What about Layla?

Are you pronouncing Leila like lee-la or Layla.

I like Layla or Lila.Both gorgeous names.Whats her middle name going to be?Good luck.

daisybear Sun 03-Jul-11 11:13:53

Thanks Lilaloves .....what a pretty name wink

i'm pronouncing laila as lay-la and lilah as lie-la

i don't like layla spelling and the leila spelling could get lee-la pronunciation.

how confusing all these pronunciations.... i guess we may have to correct somewhere along the line whichever way we spell it.

Middle names on our list are Hope, Florence and Amelie Grace. Though any suggestions are welcome as i'm still abit unsure of these.

lilaloves Sun 03-Jul-11 18:53:39

Florence, Grace and Hope are all lovely.Layla Grayce is a Baby/homewear boutique in America but don't think many people will have heard of it over here.

I also like Eve,Francesca and Kate but think Grace has best ring to it.

SloganLogan Sun 03-Jul-11 20:35:51

Prefer Laila.

Lie-la too similar to Lilo.

GwendolineMaryLacey Sun 03-Jul-11 21:13:53

Leila spelling is Lee-la.

Jojay Sun 03-Jul-11 21:18:39

Laila

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now