Talk

Advanced search

Twins' Names - USA

(23 Posts)
cloudydays Wed 29-Jun-11 15:36:46

Just came across this while browsing aimlessly at work and thought it was interesting.

From the Social Security Administration, most popular names for twins in the USA

As a Yank myself, I feel compelled to remind people that the vast majority of Americans who had twins last year did not give them matchy 'twin' names, which is why even the highest-ranking pair (a respectable pair at that: Jacob and Joshua) only accounts for only 69 pairs of twins in the whole (enormous) population.

Still, shock shock that there are at least 16 pairs of twins named Heaven and Nevaeh toddling around somewhere in the States. grin

cloudydays Wed 29-Jun-11 15:37:52

only

fedupofnamechanging Wed 29-Jun-11 15:53:27

I laughed at London and Paris. Can't quite believe that someone really did that to their children

KnitterNotTwitter Wed 29-Jun-11 16:04:20

Has to be said that Mia and Mya are a bit samey sounding... will be very annoying for the kids growing up m'thinks...

cloudydays Wed 29-Jun-11 16:06:23

I know, karma - and not just 'somebody' - 14 sets of parents in just one year!

ednurse Wed 29-Jun-11 16:07:33

Kayla and Kylie very similar too!

PrincessScrumpy Wed 29-Jun-11 16:16:16

I don't even want my twins to have the same initials let alone as similar es some on the list! Wonder what the /uk version would be?

CherryDrops Wed 29-Jun-11 16:17:38

Arianna and Brianna? Jade and Jada? Really?!

cloudydays Wed 29-Jun-11 17:00:21

I like the rhymy ones even better than the alliterative ones: Kayden and Jayden, Chloe and Zoe.

I'd love to know the middle names. Do they match too?

Youremindmeofthebean Wed 29-Jun-11 17:11:32

Valentina and Valeria fair trips off the tongue too.

Vaguely surprised there no Cain and Abel.

Bandwitch Wed 29-Jun-11 17:51:47

That's interesting! you gotta hand it to the americans they llike a nice spreadsheet. is that info available in the uk?

i think isabella and annabella is fine is they are shortened to izzy and anna but i hope they dont have a row about who gets to be Bella!
and some of those names are too alike. Anna and Emma. Ella and Ava.
on the whole, all normal enough though. Least favourite Nevaeh and Heaven. eyoooow.

Bandwitch Wed 29-Jun-11 17:53:13

lol at london and paris. That sounds like a connecting flight. I just picture waiting around for hours when i hear that. Not the eiffel tower or tower bridge...

Bandwitch Wed 29-Jun-11 17:55:26

and 9 Jades and Jadas. I can't believe that nine sets of parents came up with that combination.

DELHI Wed 29-Jun-11 17:58:04

I once met some american girl twins called Shireen and Shirleen - very tricky.

cloudydays Wed 29-Jun-11 17:58:54

9 isn't so bad... 26 sets of parents went with Taylor and Tyler! shock

Bandwitch Wed 29-Jun-11 18:03:53

Taylor and Tyler. Which is the girl? or could it be either?

Shireen and Shirleen that's madness.

mathanxiety Thu 30-Jun-11 05:39:45

Waiting (probably in vain) for Bruges and Dusseldorf on one of those lists... <sigh>

Taylor and Tyler are on both the boy/girl and boy/boy lists; Jayla and Jaylen -- obviously no imagination.

AberdeenAngusina Thu 30-Jun-11 10:25:06

On the girl/girl list Mackenzie/Madison is at no. 10, with 21 sets and Madison/ Makenzie is at no. 35, with 10. Surely those are basically the same?

Eight of the combinations include a Madison somewhere - does that just mean it's a popular name in America, or is there something particularly twinny about it?

Love Abigail and Emily btw.

mamaesi Thu 30-Jun-11 19:37:07

in my husbands family there are twins tyson and tyler and sisters sydney and london

america has by far the worst taste in names...the best are the made up ones from the poor ghettos

LolaRennt Sat 02-Jul-11 02:08:50

america has by far the worst taste in names...the best are the made up ones from the poor ghettos

Ha ha poor people have stupid names hmm lovely

mathanxiety Sat 02-Jul-11 02:11:30

Well, would you call a DD Latrina?

mathanxiety Sat 02-Jul-11 02:11:41

Or Nakeda?

islanzadi Tue 05-Jul-11 00:55:37

err i don't know but i'm cringing a little at faith and hope

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now