Talk

Advanced search

Still unsure about girls names...

(7 Posts)
expatnow Sun 26-Jun-11 18:11:26

We did like Katherine (Katie), but because of the royal wedding now thinking it will be wildly popular. Like Margaret (Maisie) and the former is a family name, but now unsure. Other names we have considered: Clementine, Piper, Addison (family name), Esme, Matilda (Tilly)...
... and now settled on Annabel, but I'm still a bit undecided. Thoughts welcomed!

Prinpo Sun 26-Jun-11 18:15:13

Katherine - lovely, and if abbreviated to Katie then I just can't imagine people will be making the association.

Margaret - great. Thrown off its Thatcher connotations.

Clementine - I love, although becoming a bit of the moment.

Piper and Addison - sorry, but I think they're dreadful. Sound like surnames, in the same vein as Maddison.

Esme - popular but lovely. Likewise, Matilda.

Annabel - good solid name. I like.

vintageteacups Sun 26-Jun-11 18:17:16

I think Addison would be a good middle name ,eg:

Matilda Addison

In the US, they use family names a lot for middle names.

everlong Sun 26-Jun-11 18:37:55

Addison is awful, sorry. You have some lovely names on your list, stick with one of those.

TangerineQueen Sun 26-Jun-11 18:51:29

Addison's is a disease. Don't know if that would put you off? Think JFK had it.. One of the presidents anyway. It's adrenal failure.

TangerineQueen Sun 26-Jun-11 18:52:44

Ooh and Piper I do kind of like although a bit of me feels like I shouldn't! Don't know why! I wouldn't be brave enough personally.

manicinsomniac Sun 26-Jun-11 22:37:21

Katherine - I like it. Judging by how many people say it will be popular and so they won't use it it might not be that popular at all!

Margaret - too old fashioned, don't like it. But Maisie's quite cute.

Clementine - don't like it, just think of the song and oranges.

Piper - Okay but not really a name I don't think

Addison - growing on me

Esme - sweet but a bit old fashioned

Matilda - love it but don't especially like Tilly

Annabel - like it but prefer the spelling Annabelle for some reason

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now