Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Nickname for Lawrence?

(6 Posts)
JacksonPollocks Sun 26-Jun-11 08:45:43

I love the full name of ds (Lawrence) but the nickname he's getting isn't what I expected, even though I'm falling in the trap of using it as it just seems to stick. He's occasionally 'Laurie' but often 'Lauren' (Lawr-in more than Lor-rene). I've looked it up and it's apparently a boys name, later used as a girls name plus is swedish for Laurence.

Can I have opinions? I secretly like it but do others thing it's a bit girly? It's always fashionable it seems to have boys names for girls, but I've never heard the other way round!

JoleneJoleneJoleneJoleeene Sun 26-Jun-11 08:51:56

Laurie definitely < goes in to Jo should have married him little women daydream>

bagelmonkey Sun 26-Jun-11 08:55:28

I like Laurie a lot.
I also like Lauren, (even for a boy!), but TBH I'd be worried that it's so much more a girls name and it'd be completely lost on almost everybody else that it used to be a boys name and still is on some places. It would be hard to stop using Lauren if he were to get teased later on if you're used to it by then.
I wouldn't think it was a bad thing to be a boy called Lauren. Actually, in typing this, it's griwn on me even more.

bagelmonkey Sun 26-Jun-11 08:56:00

Grown not griwn

bagelmonkey Sun 26-Jun-11 08:56:45

How is griwn not spellchecked?

tigermummy35 Sun 26-Jun-11 09:03:38

You can also shorted to Larry and Lol, but Laurie is better I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now