Talk

Advanced search

What's worst response from people about LO name??

(294 Posts)
lisad123 Sun 26-Jun-11 00:12:29

When we told my fil (arse) what we had called dd1 he told me " you can't call her that it's a black girls name" shock
and another " and how am I meant to spell that!!

FriggFRIGG Sun 26-Jun-11 00:16:07

my mum,looked like this shock and said "YOU CANT CALL A LITTLE BABY THAT! "

well i did,and Arlo is a lovely name,thanks.

but its not quite as bad as the racist comment above!!

browneyesblue Sun 26-Jun-11 00:20:16

MIL is embarrassed by DS's middle name - she tries to hide the fact that she doesn't like it, but isn't much of a liar. I'm sure she has never told anyone what it is.

I don't mind, because I love it.

razzlebathbone Sun 26-Jun-11 01:14:33

My DH's aunt whom I have never met and my DH hasn't seen for years apparently told his mother that our DS's name 'sounds like a fish and chip shop' and our DD's name sounds like a 'child abusing nun'.

confused

Tortington Sun 26-Jun-11 01:15:35

for fucks sake

tell me what a child abusing nuns name is

Tortington Sun 26-Jun-11 01:16:01

you have to include your kids names or its just rubbish

Tortington Sun 26-Jun-11 01:17:56

right heres mine - its weird in its ordinryness

so i had a joseph daniel

and dh's gran said " are you going to call him joseph or daniel"

which i thought was altogether fucked up and obviously meant that she didn't like the name joseph

i think she was just being a shit - shes dead now grin

FriggFRIGG Sun 26-Jun-11 01:21:33

grin

Lonnie Sun 26-Jun-11 01:35:19

my mother

thats HORRIBLE (conrad)
I told her " i do not liek ANY of the names you gave yur children WHY do yu think you will like what I name mine

she still spells my 13 year olds name wrong didnt like my 2nd childs name when I told her (went what??) now claims she likes it. (less of 4 evils i guess) and still calls my 7 year old (Aoife) for fifi

feckwit Sun 26-Jun-11 01:38:44

When I took my daughter in to work 7 years ago, social services, one of the social workers said " well with a name like that we'll see her here in a few years" and "omg, what were you trying to do to the poor child?"...

She's is called Matilda.

Tortington Sun 26-Jun-11 01:55:58

matilda - like the peach wink am jesting jesting.

i have a joseph and a jacob - is it wrong that i went aroudn singing

...............jose[ph joseph was the special one of all his children joseh was the spcial one and jacob made his son a coat a very special coat to wear JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSEPHHHHHHHHHHHHH

fraktious Sun 26-Jun-11 09:05:13

Almost everyone thinks I'm joking about DS's middle names, with several 'you can't call him that' reactions.

Horatio - as in Nelson. The French side of the family had 50 fits.

Marie - yes, it's used as a boys name in France, everyone in DH's family has it including the boys and yes, Catholicism is a factor.

Collision Sun 26-Jun-11 09:09:35

Hi Lisa!!

My dad said when I told him what we were calling ds1 (Max) 'But that's the name of my doctor!'

and? is your doctor a pyscho or a paedo or actually a really nice guy?

He had to admit his doctor is lovely!

lisad123 Sun 26-Jun-11 09:28:35

Should have said, her names Tanisha grin

lockets Sun 26-Jun-11 09:33:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WearegoingonaKwazihunt Sun 26-Jun-11 09:36:19

My MIL.... 'good god'

She has never lived it down.

shineoncrazydiam0nd Sun 26-Jun-11 09:43:23

My daughter, Taya is almost 13 and someone once said her name [ she has a hyphenated first name, so shoot me MN ] sounded like a third world disease.

My little boy is Teddy and someone once said it sounded like a Chav in a Burberry cap. And the Doctor's receptionist asked me what his 'real' name was..

BulletWithAName Sun 26-Jun-11 10:01:31

No one's said anything to my face, but apparently DS's name is chav and DD's name is a strippers name grin

BulletWithAName Sun 26-Jun-11 10:01:40

on here that is

BulletWithAName Sun 26-Jun-11 10:02:23

Shiney- I think Teddy is sooooo cute! Love it!

mumblebum Sun 26-Jun-11 10:09:57

My MIL thought DS's name was unusual (it was a top 10 name at the time) until one of her friends had a baby boy a few weeks later who was given the exact same first and middle names LOL.

Catsu Sun 26-Jun-11 10:14:41

My sister said of ds2s name 'well I wasn't expecting you to call him THAT' with a cats bum face
(ds2 is Edward. Sisters children are of the jack, josh, Sam type names. Edward is very strange to her!)

lionheart Sun 26-Jun-11 10:21:36

If Edward is strange to her what does she consider a good choice, Catsu?

clam Sun 26-Jun-11 10:26:30

Well, for anonymity's sake, let's pretend I called DS Adolph Benito.
Friend said "Oh yes? I like Benito. (Sub-text: Adolph is shit)

BulletWithAName Sun 26-Jun-11 10:27:58

Clam...is Adolph pronounced the same as erm...Adolf?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now