Talk

Advanced search

Help with twin names please

(17 Posts)
LHM1 Sat 18-Jun-11 11:18:34

We are expecting twins and don't yet know the sex. I know you'll be honest, so would really appreciate some feedback on our current names list.

Also, we live abroad (but will move back to London/Surrey at some point), so any advice on if the names are too popular/trendy would also be helpful as I'm out of the loop. I don't know if I even care about this point, but it wouldn't hurt to know.

Girls
Mila
Aubrey
Matilda
Amelia

Boys
Felix
Noah
(actually am stuck on boys names - so please suggest!)

Thanks x

thumbwitch Sat 18-Jun-11 13:03:14

Aubrey is a boy's name to me.
Matilda is very popular atm, as are both Noah and Felix.

Do you want them to have matching initials or is that too twee for you?

randomimposter Sat 18-Jun-11 13:03:55

Of the names you've suggested I like Matilda and Noah.

FWIW I would choose...

Jerome and Eliza or Will and Tess
Genevieve and Clemency
Joseph and Finnian

LHM1 Sat 18-Jun-11 14:43:02

Thanks Guys, appreciated.

Jollster, thanks for the suggestions. I really like Joseph (was my grandad) and finnian. Can't have Eliza as too close to my own name, Will is husband, knew an awful Ginny, and Jerome makes me think of Robson and Jerome!!

Ha ha this naming business is hard!

Thanks for the input xx

LHM1 Sat 18-Jun-11 14:45:36

Ps thumbwitch, hadn't really thought about same initials. Suppose it would be ok if we loved both names. But ideally no.

Had a feeling the names we like are all pretty popular. We're obviously not very original! X

thumbwitch Sat 18-Jun-11 14:54:42

Catherine and Alexander make a great combo wink but Alexander is always in the top 30 or so popular names, it is a true classic.

What do you think of Alfred? That would go nicely with Matilda - then you could have Alfie and Tilly (which I like but you might not of course!)

But of course you don't yet know what flavour your twins are, they might not be boy and girl.

Boy and boy:
Noah and Elijah
Felix and Jasper
Thomas and George

Girl and girl:
Aubretia (is the name of a flower but you could use it for a girl, better than Audrey IMO) and Mila
Amelia and Matilda go well together
Iris and Lily (although both pretty popular at the mo)

LHM1 Sat 18-Jun-11 15:27:54

Thanks thumbwitch, some great suggestions there. Will run them past DH too.

Also, forgot to list another girls name we like - Beatrix/Beatrice. Thoughts?

X

harrygracejessica Sat 18-Jun-11 21:20:26

We have 2 sets of twins here

Grace and Jessica and

Elliot and Oliver.

I decided all our kids would have a seperate starting initial so no messing up with post when they are older, it turns out they all have different start and end letters too lol

SloganLogan Sat 18-Jun-11 22:53:19

I like Aubrey, Amelia or Beatrice for a girl, Felix for a boy.

How about Max, Samuel, Henry?

manicinsomniac Sat 18-Jun-11 23:39:40

Lovely choices.

Matilda and Noah are gorgeous. Really like Aubrey and Felix too.

Alternatives:
Natasha, Florence, Madeleine, Harriet.
Aiden, Isaac, Joshua, Aaron.

LHM1 Sun 19-Jun-11 02:23:31

Thank you guys!
Manicinsomniac - I LOVE Florence, and you've just reminded me. That's defo going on the list. Also think Madeline is nice too. Love Joshua and issac but already have them in the family, so best not to repeat.

Glad you both like Aubrey. I think it's a beautiful name, and whilst fairly unsual, it's not wacky or weird. live it can be shortened to Aubs too. Cute for when young.

Is no one liking Mila? I really like it and especially that it means fate/lucky, as these twins are exactly that after IVF.

Really appreciate the input guys. Keep it coming! Xx

LHM1 Sun 19-Jun-11 02:27:25

Sloganlogan. I adore Max, that would be my top boys name but DH hates as he knows two People with the name that he dislikes, so he said he can't not think of them. Argh, so annoying. X

mathanxiety Sun 19-Jun-11 05:57:49

I like Joseph and Finnian a lot

I absolutely love Mila.

Instead of Aubrey (which I associate with Aubrey Beardsley/Art Deco, and a boy's name) would you consider Avery? Mila and Avery.. Or Arden? Mila and Arden..

LHM1 Sun 19-Jun-11 07:10:54

Yay! A vote for Mila. Thank you mathanxiety..

I really didn't know Aubrey could be a boys name but two of you have mentioned that now.

Arden is nice. Mmm will let that one run around in my head for a while and see.

Thanks x

thumbwitch Sun 19-Jun-11 08:36:28

Ooh I like Arden. Arden and Mila do work together nicely as well.

LadyGoneGaga Sun 19-Jun-11 09:30:31

I think Aubrey is a boys name too. What about Audrey instead?

blushingm Sun 19-Jun-11 14:08:12

i thought it was spelt Aubree with an accent on the e - for a girl

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now