Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for boys names

(13 Posts)
allthefires Thu 16-Jun-11 18:14:17

Cos we only have one and looking like a friend has vetoed it or at the very least made me think it would be unwise to use it.

We literally like nothing else

Cattleprod Thu 16-Jun-11 18:16:13

What is the name you like?

RickGhastley Thu 16-Jun-11 18:18:00

What is so wrong with the name you have chosen?

Don't discount it just because 1 person doesn't like it, you can't please everyone!!

allthefires Thu 16-Jun-11 18:19:30

Samuel

Always loved it . didn't call my first ds it because she said she loved it so much and didn't feel I could.

Now pregnant again and all set to use it- she's now pregnant- and can tell her is unhappy about me loving it too.

pilates Thu 16-Jun-11 19:54:13

I would go ahead with Samuel, she may never have a boy and you have lost out on the name you really loved.

allthefires Thu 16-Jun-11 20:15:31

Thank you.

My darling best friend who has an older son has said the same. She has also said she has no problems with us using her older sons name either (which we also like). Now thats true friendship.

FullTimeStudentNurseAndMumOf3 Thu 16-Jun-11 20:54:55

Stick with what u want x

thereisalightanditnevergoesout Fri 17-Jun-11 00:07:54

It's not like it's a really unusual name - I mean a good friend of mine called her son Joseph and I called DS1 (born afterwards) Joseph - I didn't even feel the need to ask her if she minded, but if it had been something more obsure I might've felt I needed to, if that makes sense?

If I were you, I'd go for it - as pilates says - she might not have a boy and you should'nt have to lose out on a name you really love. Besides 'no-one owns a name'...

manicinsomniac Fri 17-Jun-11 00:32:08

I'd go for it.

Samuel is a name you can get away with having more than one of in a family or friendship group - you can have a samuel, a sam and a sammy if necessary!

allthefires Fri 17-Jun-11 08:12:50

Thank you. It's just I mentioned it when she asked about names and she said but I've always liked it and I said so have I.

Explained as we are not in each others houses with the (older) children and they are going to separate schools I think it's a non issue. She keeps mentioning it by asking you thought of any other names? May start coming out with done horrific ones just to shut her up!

CheerfulYank Fri 17-Jun-11 08:28:20

I love Samuel. I have one and he's fantastic.

Some names I like that remind me of Sam/Samuel are Max, Jack, Ben, Will, Dex (short for Dexter or Declan)...I also like older Hebrew names like Noah, Jonah, Asa, Levi, etc. (Disclaimer: Not sure those all fall under "older Hebrew names". It's late here. I should go to bed. smile )

If you really like it, I say go for it. How good a friend is this person? And what if she has a girl? You should both find out what you're having. grin

MelinaM Fri 17-Jun-11 12:17:59

Your friends doesn't own the name Samuel, so if you want it you have it!!!

allthefires Sat 18-Jun-11 21:11:36

Thank you all. Have given this some more thought.

We will be using Samuel and we wont be finding out what it is until birth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now