Talk

Advanced search

Not too late for a name re-jig?

(15 Posts)
deliakate Tue 14-Jun-11 19:19:45

DD was born just over 2 weeks ago, and the obligatory texts and emails went out to everyone we know with her name - Imogen Grace Elizabeth.

Long story behind the first name, but basically, DH and I could not agree in advance on the name. Straight after delivery, DH then said I could choose the name - the most recent one I'd been banging on about was Imogen, but he had said no way to this before. So that's what we went for, even though it was not the love of my life, by any means.

Well, long story short, I haven't registered the birth yet, but I want to put on the birth certificate - Elizabeth Imogen Grace. And then let everyone know (via the thank you notes for those we don't see often) that she is going to be known by Elizabeth. Its not too weird is it? I think a little re-jig is OK, and she so new, we haven't really been anywhere yet for people to get used to her as Imogen. Am I mad?????

MarknadNutidaPlats Tue 14-Jun-11 19:29:23

Nope smile lovely names and congrats.

itsohsoquiet Tue 14-Jun-11 19:29:39

No you're not mad.

AS you say nobody is even used to her as Imogen yet so I don't see the problem if you want to change it.

zipzap Tue 14-Jun-11 19:31:04

Not at all but I'd let people know sooner rather than later just in case anyone decides to get something named for your dd. You dont want to feel obligated to keep calling her Imogen just because great aunt aggie sent a hideous towel with her name on it grin

It will be a great story for her later on 'wonder what youwould have been like if you were an Imogen?'. My dsis had a different name every day for a few weeks after she was born, dad would go to work and would come back to find mum saying how about xxx which she had been calling her all day. Usual reaction was apparently no way grin but they did get one eventually!

So no you are definitely nbu.

deliakate Tue 14-Jun-11 19:44:53

Lol, nothing engraved yet. But loads of ppl have complimented the name - slightly awkward to go back and say "yeah, thanks. But its not that any more" sad

lalabaloo Tue 14-Jun-11 20:15:23

Not a problem at all (three of my favourite names by the way, but i'm not allowed Imogen (i'm also not pregnant yet!)). I think it flows better as Elizabeth Imogen Grace, but obviously that is personal preference. It's not too late to change if you want to and it's not such a big change that people will be confused by it

everlong Tue 14-Jun-11 20:17:23

Is it heck wierd, you can do what you like.

I think Elizabeth is a million times nicer than Imogen, so many nn you can have and it's just more solid and traditional.

Mollydoggerson Tue 14-Jun-11 20:21:19

Not weird at all , just send out another group text saying you have re-jigged

cupnoodle Tue 14-Jun-11 20:24:22

Message withdrawn

squeak2392 Tue 14-Jun-11 20:46:48

I think this new combo is actually better.
If you're going to do it, now's the time.

Dilligaf81 Tue 14-Jun-11 20:48:56

Its not weird, I changed my DD's when she was 9 months old - so Glad I did, I didnt want to spend the rest of my life introducing her as name A but saying she doesnt really look like an A does she ? Which is what I had found myself doing.

Lovely names and congratulations

zozzle Wed 15-Jun-11 16:43:14

Its fine to do that - no probs.

birdofthenorth Wed 15-Jun-11 18:58:22

Totally fine to rearrange order now. But people might think you've gone off it because of Ryan Giggs and Imogen Thomas!! blush

topazmcgonagall Fri 17-Jun-11 01:57:36

Lovely. Congratulations!

Domesticbodess Fri 17-Jun-11 10:02:18

love the new combo - go for it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now