Talk

Advanced search

Lana

(16 Posts)
elseIlltellyourfather Fri 10-Jun-11 18:38:32

What do you think? Came to me yesterday and DH likes, which is amazing. Had been considering Sukie (Susannah) too. Thoughts? Which do you prefer?

TheCrackFox Fri 10-Jun-11 18:45:32

Lana is nice but there was a thread on here the other day saying that Posh Spice was considering it for her DD. Might be complete bollocks of course.

elseIlltellyourfather Fri 10-Jun-11 18:47:54

that would put me off. Maybe that is why I thought of it. When is she due?

swash Fri 10-Jun-11 19:03:46

I think it is pretty - and much nicer than Sukie. I know a Lana Jean, which I think is very 1950s (in a good way!).

SloganLogan Fri 10-Jun-11 19:39:49

Lana is a nice name. I like Lara (short for Larissa) too.

Susannah is quite nice and I like the nickname Susie, not keen on Sukie though.

lilaloves Fri 10-Jun-11 19:52:26

It was me that started the previous thread
Crackfox,Im not really known for talking bollocks thanks very much!
My source is very genuinesmile but as to whether or not VB will go with it who knows?!
Personally I like Lara better.

TheCrackFox Fri 10-Jun-11 19:54:55

Didn't mean to offend Lilaloves.

I really like Lana and Lara. Besides, I am hoping that Posh goes for something really wacky like she normally does.

lilaloves Fri 10-Jun-11 20:00:22

No problem.I would agree that Lana seems a bit too nice and normal for them!

PatriciatheStripper Fri 10-Jun-11 20:03:39

Galaxy, perhaps grin

PatriciatheStripper Fri 10-Jun-11 20:04:44

For VB, that is.

MelinaM Fri 10-Jun-11 21:15:21

Lana is a beautiful name, very elegantsmile

meditrina Fri 10-Jun-11 21:18:42

It seems to be a ritual whenever the name 'Lana' is mentioned (and I'll do it today): backwards it spells "anal".

elseIlltellyourfather Sat 11-Jun-11 07:46:37

I was waiting for that meditrina I had never thought of it pre-Mumsnet, don't suppose it matters much in rl?

hartey Sun 12-Jun-11 13:02:36

My DD is Lana - I love love that name so much that it is proving an obstacle for DC2 name choices - have until December to come up something I equally love!

itsohsoquiet Sun 12-Jun-11 13:23:20

Lana is very pretty and elegant.

After the three unusual names VB has chosen I somehow doubt that she would go for a 'normal' name like Lana.

fluffygal Sun 12-Jun-11 13:35:21

Lana is my DD1's (she's 4) name! I will be very annoyed if Posh uses it.... It is a very pretty name, I only ever get compliments (unlike my DD2's name) and I have only heard one other random girl at soft play called the same name.

My friend does have an Alana though who she has started to shorten to Lana- I always call her by her full name though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now