Talk

Advanced search

Florence Daisy

(11 Posts)
MrsBloomingTroll Thu 09-Jun-11 20:50:41

We are getting ready for the impending birth of DC2. Don't know the gender but we are pretty much settled on a boy's name for family reasons. Still trying to decide a girl's name!

Our surname is short and sharp, so we gave DD1 a long name with a cute nn and a floral middle name. I love her name and would like to give DC2 something in a similar vein if a girl. We also want something that works in other pronunciations/cultures in case we travel or live overseas.

DH and I have recently agreed on Florence Daisy. I know that Florence is everywhere at the moment but it is a family name and I love the nn Florrie. We don't know any baby Florences personally (yet). Daisy is to give an Englishness to it and the continuation of a floral motif as with DD1.

Thoughts please? Anything we haven't considered?

pilates Thu 09-Jun-11 20:53:13

Yes sounds great to me.

Florence Lily/Rose also sounds good.

SloganLogan Thu 09-Jun-11 20:58:03

Lovely smile

AliceAirhead Thu 09-Jun-11 21:03:23

Beautiful name; would perhaps use it myself if ever I had another daughter (but I'm done with all that malarky now!)

CharlieBoo Thu 09-Jun-11 23:17:28

Gorgeous... Friends of ours just had a Florence Martha which is lovely too. Agree about the Englishness of Daisy, also an old fashioned feel which goes well with Florence. My ds went to playschool a few years ago with a Florence and her nn was Flossie (too cute). Good luck

mich54321 Thu 09-Jun-11 23:30:36

like it smile

MrsBloomingTroll Fri 10-Jun-11 20:43:19

Thank you for such a positive response!

Already used Rose for DD1 or that would be my first choice of middle name! But Lily also an option, also a family name....hmmm.

MelinaM Fri 10-Jun-11 23:41:46

Lovely choicesmile Some more possible options for you:

Florence Artemisia

Florence Clover

Florence Iris

Florence Lilac

Florence Marguerite

Florence Peony ...love thisgrin

Florence Petula

Florence Posy

Florence Violet

kiteflying Sat 11-Jun-11 02:59:54

Florence Primrose - too Victorian?

MrsBloomingTroll Sat 11-Jun-11 19:34:24

No, Florence Primrose isn't too Victorian, but maybe too close to DD1's middle name (Rose)...

I love Florence Clover, but DH unconvinced.

Ditto Florence Pearl. Not floral but I still like it.

Thank you again!

mumzy Sun 12-Jun-11 11:10:24

I've found Florence becoming way too popular(think David Cameron) a twist on your original suggestion would be Flora Marguerite (Daisy) which would continue your flower theme

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now