Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

6 weeks to go and none the wiser!

(15 Posts)
pipparoo Sun 05-Jun-11 20:13:32

I've been thinking about names since before this baby was even conceived and still have no idea what we're going to settle on. I'd be really grateful if you could look over my list and tell me your opinions/preferences. Middle names Clare and Rhys are mine and my DH's respectively. Surname is one syllable beginning with F.

Girls:

Rosanna Clare

Miranda Iris / Miranda Rose

Claudia Mirabel (don't mind the meaning)

Matilda (not sure about mn, bit concerned about popularity)

Boys:

Tristan Rhys

Leo Rhys

Tristan Leo

Henry Rhys

Henry Leo

TIA!

GetDownYouWillFall Sun 05-Jun-11 20:17:26

I like one syllable middle names. From your choices I like Miranda Rose for a girl and Henry Rhys for a boy the best. I don't like Mirabel at all - sounds a bit too fairy-ish to me.

Good luck!

Edmundo Sun 05-Jun-11 21:11:26

Claudia Mirabel is lovely!! Leo Henry or Henry Leo would be my choice from the boys.

sevenhamstershopping Sun 05-Jun-11 21:19:30

Matilda Clare & Leo Rhys

Sharney Sun 05-Jun-11 21:20:37

Love Rosanna Clare, it's pretty, strong and timeless. Also gives lots of scope for nick names. Love Henry Rhys. Don't be pressured into having a decision made before your baby is even in your arms. Relax a little, maybe when your little bundle of joy is a few days old, their name will come to you. Congratulations and all the best.

fairieswearboots Sun 05-Jun-11 21:22:38

Love Rosanna Clare and Leo Rhys. Like Miranda Iris too.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Sun 05-Jun-11 23:43:53

Tristan sounds a bit wet. Like the others, though.

radancer Tue 07-Jun-11 02:59:07

Miranda Rose
Henry Rhys

swash Tue 07-Jun-11 09:16:28

Ooh Miranda Iris is my favourite. Also like Rosanna Iris.

Your boys' names aren't really to my taste - I like Leo but think Rhys is an awful name. I would go for Henry Leo out of your choices.

sunshinebehindeverycloud Tue 07-Jun-11 11:31:34

Miranda Rose < very girly but not sickly sweet
and
Henry Leo < very cute for a baby, I imagine a strong, handsome teenager and likewise, as a man

meditrina Tue 07-Jun-11 11:43:28

I love Rosanna Clare!

I'm not particularly keen on either Leo or Rhys, so for a boy I'd go for Henry Tristan.

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Tue 07-Jun-11 22:02:42

I love Claudia and Tristan, though am less fond of the middle names you suggest with them.

pilates Wed 08-Jun-11 17:13:50

Matilda Clare
Henry Rhys

squeak2392 Wed 08-Jun-11 22:26:31

Can't choose between your girls names. Matilda is my least favourite, although I don't dislike it.
I would use Claire instead of Clare.
Miranda Iris over Miranda Rose.

Tristan Rhys,
Tristan Leo or
Henry Rhys.
I love Tristan, but I can't use it as it's my DN's name :/ Henry's on my list too.

itsohsoquiet Wed 08-Jun-11 22:31:44

Miranda Iris and Henry Leo.
I especially like Henry, such a strong name.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: