Talk

Advanced search

check out our shorlist plz....

(13 Posts)
reenzeen Sun 05-Jun-11 16:28:28

Don't know wat we are having and really struggled to come up with boys list, love most of the girls names but just like all the boys names (but do have one clear fav) neary 37 wks so starting to panic a bit about the boys names but I think this is as good as i'll get, so may have to 'settle' for one of them if LO is a boy. confused

We're Irish btw so I apreciate we have different tastes to most mnetters who seem to be Engish/Scottish/Welsh, so I my not get the replies I want, anyway here goes......

Cadhla - Irish version of Kayla
Kaia
Darcy
Cassia - pn cash-a
Georgia
Thalia
Raine - Rain-a
Saoirse - sear-sha
Alexa

Rhys
Cohan - co-an
Cole

itsohsoquiet Sun 05-Jun-11 17:27:57

Out of your list I like Alexa for a girl and Cohan for a boy.

leakyR Sun 05-Jun-11 17:34:56

Rhys and Saoirse.
If you're living outside of Ireland then dd will spend her life spelling out her name, but it is lovely.

reenzeen Sun 05-Jun-11 20:38:15

Yeah realise that leaky tbh she would prob spend alot of time spelling it out in Ireland too (we're in Ireland) and for that reason it's prob near the bottom of the list.

sevenhamstershopping Sun 05-Jun-11 20:42:42

Alexa (also love Alexis) and Cohan smile

threefeethighandrising Sun 05-Jun-11 22:49:29

Girl: Cassia or Saoirse
Boy: Cohan or Rhys

FWIW I feel strongly that of people shy away from traditional Celtic names because of the spelling then that's the death of culture in action. If they don't get used, then they'll die out. The English have learnt to spell Siobhan and Niamh, why not Saoirse next?

I'm not saying you should use names with 'awkward' spellings for the hell of it, but if you genuinely like the name then why not?

I have a boring surname with an unusual spelling and I spend my life spelling it out four people. It's never bothered me though.

emmanumber3 Sun 05-Jun-11 22:56:29

I like all of your names TBH grin.

As that's not very helpful, I'd say my favourites would be Cassia & Cohan.

manicinsomniac Sun 05-Jun-11 23:36:34

Another vote for Alexa and Cohan.

I also like Cadhla and Kaia

reenzeen Mon 06-Jun-11 19:10:39

Woo hoo Cohan is my Fav, think this will be the one if its a wee boy- i like that it's different without being too way out!

Really like all my girls names but think my 'short' list is far too long- ideally need to get it down to about 3, but can't see that happening.

threefeethigh I tend to agree as I have an v unusual Irish first name and it doesn't bother me to have to spell it out and tell people how to pronounce it also - but now my married name is a weird one too, so think its a bit much to have to spell out both esp for a wee one!

radancer Tue 07-Jun-11 02:15:47

Rhys and Saoirse.

sunshinebehindeverycloud Tue 07-Jun-11 11:33:21

Thalia and Cole

Eglu Tue 07-Jun-11 11:39:10

Girls names I like are
Cassia
Thalia
Saoirse

Boys I like
Cohan
Cole

SloganLogan Tue 07-Jun-11 12:13:48

Georgia or Thalia

Rhys

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now