Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

Jonah William

(9 Posts)
rooks14 Sat 04-Jun-11 19:27:16

Me and my boyfriend decided on Ellis William (William after my grandad who died last year), but we made the mistake of telling everyone and now have been convinced that Ellis is more of a surname.

We've now decided on Jonah, which we both love and are not telling anyone! Trouble is OH's surname is very very English, so's the name William and so Jonah just looks stupid with it!

Has anyone got any better middle name suggestions?

scarlettsmummy2 Sat 04-Jun-11 19:28:58

james??

mooloo Sat 04-Jun-11 19:31:48

I think Jonah William is a good name and works fine - in fact two of my favourite names put together!

UndiscoveredApprentice Sat 04-Jun-11 19:53:52

I think Jonah,or Jonas, are perfectly English

SloganLogan Sat 04-Jun-11 20:32:31

Jonah William sounds fine smile Or how about Jonah Ellis?

flopsy1974 Sun 05-Jun-11 18:13:30

Jonah is a fabulous name. Love it. William sounds great with it too. Like Mooloo two of my favourite names put together. Go for it I say smile

swash Sun 05-Jun-11 18:58:55

Jonah is a great name. It was one of my choices had DD2 been a boy - second name would have been William! DH's surname is very English and it never occurred to us that Jonah didn't go.

Just go for Jonah William - it is lovely!

puzzletree Sun 05-Jun-11 19:09:14

Love the name Jonah. It sounds great with William. Stick with it.

rooks14 Sun 05-Jun-11 20:27:31

Thank You :D Jonah William it is then!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: