Talk

Advanced search

Like to know opinions on these variations

(9 Posts)
StellaSays Fri 03-Jun-11 16:43:21

not urgent since am not pg but would love some variations of these names but not sure which are best.

Boys
Mark
Marcus
Markus

Girls
Sarai
Sarah
Sara

I love Sarai in particlar as it is the Hebrew for princess ans id what Sarah (of Abraham and Sarah) was called before God changed her name.

Opinions? Not sure if Markus would be ok for an English boy and I worry that Sarai sounds a it precious, also not sure if I like Marcus with a 'c'.

minipie Fri 03-Jun-11 17:48:53

Mark or Marcus.
Sara or Sarah.

I do like Sarai, but... I think a lot of people would assume that Markus or Sarai were typos or spelling mistakes.

I'd go for Mark and Sara.

Lonnie Fri 03-Jun-11 19:07:06

I love Marcus with a C it is just classic and perfect imo.. Plus the 3 Marcus' ive known in my life have been wonderful men
I prefer Sarah to be honest not sure why but always feel like Sara is incomplete..

Prinpo Fri 03-Jun-11 19:19:50

Marcus (fabulous name) and Sarah.

tummytickler Fri 03-Jun-11 19:41:36

Sarai and Marcus are my favourites.

itsohsoquiet Fri 03-Jun-11 19:54:25

Sarai and Marcus.
I think Sarai is beautiful and very underused.

itsohsoquiet Fri 03-Jun-11 19:55:39

Sarah is nice but far too plain

squeak2392 Fri 03-Jun-11 20:00:43

Mark or Marcus.
I would pn all the girls names differently, so I would definitely go for Sarah. I like Sara, but not pn like Sarah. I think Sarai sounds much better pn phonetically, but I could accept that as pn like Sarah.

EricNorthmansMistress Fri 03-Jun-11 22:22:31

Marc is nice. Sarai looks pretentious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now