Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

Henry, or Ned?

(18 Posts)
mamma2boyz Tue 31-May-11 15:28:47

Hi there,
Due any day now with number 3....

We have an Archie (5) and a Tom (4) and are pretty sure this one will be a boy. I love Ned but dh not so keen.

What do you think of Henry??

Which do you prefer??

Thanks

KaraStarbuckThrace Tue 31-May-11 15:37:19

Would you have Edward, Edmund or Edwin as the full name? I do like Ned as a NN but would want the proper version on the birth cert.
I do like Henry as well, I know a couple of little Henrys. Harry is a good nick name.
I do prefer Edward/Edmund with the nickname Ned.

cosytoesandfingers Tue 31-May-11 15:54:36

Love both! But think ned goes best with your other two.... Agree that should use a longer more formal name on BC...

brokenarrow Tue 31-May-11 15:59:10

Love, love Henry.
Same as Cara, and prefer "proper" first names, and shortened nickname as an option.
Both Edward and Edmund are very beautiful names. Well I would say so; Henry, Edmund and Edward were actually my shortlist for DC n.3, a little girl.

pilates Tue 31-May-11 18:15:21

Love Henry, a great name which sounds good with your other two.

mamma2boyz Tue 31-May-11 20:24:56

Hi ladies, thanks for your responses
Yes we would use Edward on the birth certificate so he can use that as he gets older (and in case he ever decides to live in Scotland where apparently Ned means chav or something)
Tough one, think we will wait and see what he looks like.
Another scan tomorrow as bubs is not growing as well as it could do so fingers crossed...cannot wait to meet him or her safely on the outside x

COCKadoodledooo Tue 31-May-11 20:36:56

Dh is Ned (nothing like his actual name though), so maybe I'm biased, but I much prefer it (and Edward) to Henry.

lordsugarslovechild Tue 31-May-11 20:45:11

Love Henry.

itsohsoquiet Tue 31-May-11 21:19:49

Ned is such a cool name for a little boy. Short for Edward?
I like Henry as well but prefer Ned.

itsohsoquiet Tue 31-May-11 21:21:00

Oh you already said short for Edward sorry blush

asdx2 Tue 31-May-11 21:29:49

You could always have Benedict as a formal name so as to have Ned as nn

itstheclimb39 Tue 31-May-11 21:49:13

Ned x

nancy10 Tue 31-May-11 22:43:10

Definately Henry!

AxyMum Wed 01-Jun-11 09:31:48

I'm probably going with Ned/Ted but calling baby Edward so he can be prime minister one day ;)

I like Edmund and Edwin more than I like Edward but I think Edward is more "normal" and DH prefers it, so I'm happy enough.

I have a nephew called Henry and he's called Hank as a nickname which I think is unbelievably cute.

smother Wed 01-Jun-11 09:55:49

Ned is alright - as long as your surname isn't Kelly and as long as you don't live (or ever want to live) in Scotland.

Really love Edwin.

Henry is nice too.

kreecherlivesupstairs Wed 01-Jun-11 10:38:52

Me and DD were talking about the name Ned this morning. She has decided she wants her husband to be called Ned hmm
Edwin is a brilliant name. Not Henry/Harry. Far too many of them.

saycheese Wed 01-Jun-11 10:41:43

a ned is the same as a chav in scotland. worth thinking about x

TheGoddessBlossom Wed 01-Jun-11 10:45:41

I love Ned. But am not Scottish.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: