Talk

Advanced search

Cormac

(9 Posts)
PrisonerZero Tue 31-May-11 12:10:28

DS3 is due in just over a week and so far has no name.

What do you think of Cormac?

Possibly Mac for short.

Irish surname.

chandellina Tue 31-May-11 15:20:32

we considered it seriously but chickened out and went for Max instead. I really like Mac but family were a bit funny about it. (the danger of telling anyone what you're thinking of.) We aren't Irish though so it was a bit odd I suppose.

valiumbandwitch Tue 31-May-11 15:25:15

I love it but I'm biased because I know/knew some great Cormacs. I know this is just my experience but I picture cormacs as being kind of wholesome, fun and hardworking.

There are a good few my age in Ireland. It's easy to spell though, and I can see it working well in the UK. It's not a sur name (or at least, not just a sur name), I'd think of it as being a first name more tbh.

Marcus could be Mac for short too [ponders] or Malachy?

I like it.

iskra Tue 31-May-11 15:31:30

It's also an Orcadian surname.

PrisonerZero Tue 31-May-11 16:11:49

Thanks all smile

Malachy is too close to my DSs name and also my friend who is due this week made me swear on all sorts of things not to use the name as she has bagsied it grin

Our surname is traditional Irish so hopefully it wouldn't sound out of place. DP loves it as does his family, but I am having a little trouble getting it to roll off my tongue easily but I could get used to it (plus I have no ideas of my own!)

CherryDrops Tue 31-May-11 16:49:57

Makes me think of Caramac.

ManicAnnie Tue 31-May-11 19:54:38

Great name.

KenDoddsDadsDog Tue 31-May-11 19:57:22

I know two lovely wee Cormacs!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now