Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

Can I use Zoe if my DH already has a Chloe?

(33 Posts)
MeantToStopAtTwo Mon 30-May-11 15:26:54

There would be a 12 year age gap. What do you think?

valiumbandwitch Mon 30-May-11 15:30:00

No I wouldn't. Zoe is a beautiful name and I love it, but it would kind of make me wonder if you cared what his first daughter was called. It's just going to look like you liked zoe and you knew (obviously) that he had a Chloe, and even though it'd be obvious to a child that zoe and chloe sound comical together, you used Zoe anyway, just because you liked it. Sorry if that is not what you want to hear.... sad

What about Zena?

valiumbandwitch Mon 30-May-11 15:32:51

ps, one of the dragons (could be Peter JOnes but I am not sure) has an annabel from his first marriage and an isabel from his second marriage and I do remember reading that and thinking, meanly perhaps, that that showed a slight lack of sensitivity or imagination....

But maybe everybody will disagree with me and I will discover I need to loosen up!!

smother Mon 30-May-11 16:41:56

absolutely agree with valiumbandwitch. If they were both your 'own' daughters, would you even consider calling them Chloe and Zoe? No of course not. So why should DH? Enough said!

TheSecondComing Mon 30-May-11 16:47:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

chipmonkey Mon 30-May-11 16:49:17

Sorry, no. It wouldn't be right.

5DollarShake Tue 31-May-11 02:15:44

Sorry - agree with the others. If they were both your own daughters, you wouldn't dream of it.

mathanxiety Tue 31-May-11 05:23:16

I say no.

PotteringAlong Tue 31-May-11 05:29:34

I'm afraid I agree. Never would you pick this for your own children - it looks like you haven't thought / considered Chloe if you do and that's not nice for your DSD

nothingnatural Tue 31-May-11 05:57:31

Nup. I wouldn't do it. For all the reasons above.

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 31-May-11 09:13:44

Agree that is shows a lack of sensivity and imagination.

FriskyMare Tue 31-May-11 09:17:12

Have you got a white cat? You could call that Snowy grin. Seriously, NO!

kreecherlivesupstairs Tue 31-May-11 09:28:30

Or if you have a son, Joey. HTH

Grabaspoon Tue 31-May-11 09:36:35

Meanttostop at two - the question isn't

Can I use Zoe if my DH already has a Chloe?

it's

Can I use Zoe if one of her siblings is already called Chloe?

or

Can I use Zoe if we already have a Chloe?

It doesn't matter if Chloe is your DH's child - she is part of your blended family, not a niece or cousin, and a sibling to the baby.

FriskyMare Tue 31-May-11 09:55:22

grin at kreecher, couldn't think of a boys name. Must try harder.

Xiaoxiong Tue 31-May-11 16:52:32

A child called Zoe will have her name mistaken for Chloe all the time anyway, and it will drive her round the flipping bend. If she has a sister called Chloe that will just make it even more annoying. Bad idea all round I'd say.

Don't ask me how I know...wink

Tuschinski Tue 31-May-11 16:57:17

Of course not!

Northernlurker Tue 31-May-11 17:01:38

No you can't. Chloe would be pissed off and even if she isn't her mother will be. Why make life hard for yourself?

DilysPrice Tue 31-May-11 17:04:00

Your DH should be posting.
"Can I call my DD1 Chloe and my DD2 Zoe?"
To which the answer is,
"No, don't be silly".

Grabaspoon Sat 04-Jun-11 11:47:56

Wonders where Op went.

MeantToStopAtTwo Sat 04-Jun-11 13:13:35

I'm right here. DH is actually very keen on the idea but, don't worry, I doubt we'll be going through with it.

BluddyMoFo Sat 04-Jun-11 13:15:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MeantToStopAtTwo Sat 04-Jun-11 17:18:23

I'm glad to know that's worked OK for you Bluddy. Are they very close in age?

sims2fan Sun 05-Jun-11 12:58:00

I think it depends on what you think of rhyming names for siblings. Personally I hate them, but I know some people love them. I know sisters called Kelly and Shelly, and other sisters called Macey and Stacey. The very worst (in my opinion) was twins called Abby and Gabby. Not even shortened from Abigail and Gabrielle, just Abby and Gabby. I felt for them a bit, but some people like rhyming names.

FairyArmadillo Sun 05-Jun-11 14:52:54

I know of someone who has three daughters- Amy, Chloe and Zoe. She's an Australian singer, well known if you're into gospel music.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: