Talk

Advanced search

DH's last minute suggestions

(26 Posts)
raydabs Mon 30-May-11 10:03:07

Due in a week still indecisive about girls names. Got some good input with my list the other day here and probably had things narrowed down to Rachel or Naomi (Naomi being my favourite although got mixed respones here!)

Now DH has thrown curve ball with 3 more names!

Nicole
Natalie
Stephanie

Any thoughts on these 3?

Thanks

MsInterpret Mon 30-May-11 10:07:34

Of your new names I like Natalie but not the other two very much.

Like Rachel and Naomi too.

Naomi the most stand-out one IMO, the others very 'normal'. Not to say boring. When I was little I would have killed for one of these pretty, normal names!

ShimmeryPixie Mon 30-May-11 10:07:46

Natalie is OK. Nicole makes me think of renault clio adverts. Stephanie is abit dull IMO.

I love Naomi.

smother Mon 30-May-11 10:36:54

I would stick with either Naomi or Rachel - far far far nicer than the new ones!

PorkChopSter Mon 30-May-11 10:41:47

Not Nicole (think Renault advert)
Stephanie: I know a little one, but on the whole, no
Nathalie: I like it, but a little 1980s

I prefer Rachel to Naomi

1. Rachel
2. Nathalie
3. Stephanie
4. Naomi
5. Nicole

SandStorm Mon 30-May-11 10:44:33

Of all those names I like Naomi best.

Stephanie will become Steph
Rachel will become Rach
Natalie will become Nat or Nats
Nicole is a French car advert for me

oohlaalaa Mon 30-May-11 10:45:06

I like all of yours and your DH's name suggestions. Names in order of preference:

1. Nicole
2. Stephanie
3. Rachel
4. Naomi
5. Natalie

jumpyjack Mon 30-May-11 10:46:16

Stick with your originals. Both Rachel and Naomi are very nice.
The others, not so much. If you're looking for another option, what about Natasha?

Continuum Mon 30-May-11 11:20:18

Natalie is lovely!

UrsulaBuffay Mon 30-May-11 12:02:01

My friend has a Naomi, at first I was a bit hmm but it is beautiful and has grown on me 100%. Underused IMO.

Rachel also a classic name that I really like.

Can't go wrong with biblical.

ChippingIn Mon 30-May-11 12:05:52

Natalie

Nicole

- I find the the next three very 70's and don't like them

Stephanie
Rachel
Naomi

UrsulaBuffay Mon 30-May-11 12:07:10

Haha I find Natalie, Stephanie, Nicole very 70s/80s. Why do men always like that kind of name?

EdithWeston Mon 30-May-11 12:08:46

I'm not keen on Nicole. Natalie is OK (and the nn Natasha is lovely!) and I think Stephanie is great.

I prefer Naomi to Rachel.

squeak2392 Mon 30-May-11 12:13:07

Definitely Rachel or Naomi.
Natalie is nice, but very plain.
Stephanie and Nicole are very 80s.

ArsumLardis Mon 30-May-11 12:16:44

All pretty imo.

SoFluffyImGonnaDie Mon 30-May-11 12:17:15

Naomi is the nicest I think. Natalie is my least favourite only because when said in a yorkshire accent which it would be it would no doubt sound like Natley and it would irritate me. Of the new list I don't mind Nicole, my choices would be either Naomi or Nicole and I quite like Rebecca too

raydabs Mon 30-May-11 14:16:36

Thanks for all that. Remember having Natasha on an early list but was vetoed might bring it up again... Delighted now as my case for Naomi strengthening. Neednt worry about the Yorkshire accent as am in Ireland but Natalie probably would have a pronunciation issue here too!

DoMeDon Mon 30-May-11 14:22:12

Naomi for me - then Natalie - Rachel's nice but plain.

vess Mon 30-May-11 23:25:28

I like the new three better, despite the fact that some people see them as 80's names.

proudfoot Mon 30-May-11 23:27:56

I like Natalie, Naomi and Rachel. The others are dated IMO.

danceswiththedaffodils Tue 31-May-11 04:14:37

I like Naomi best, but then I’m biased as it’s my name! I’ve only ever met two other Naomi, and we’ve all be Irish. IMHO it’s a great name, unusual but doesn’t make people go hmm when they hear it. It also travels well as it’s easily pronounced in other languages. And I’ve always loved the meaning: “pleasant", "delightful" or "beautiful"
Ah if only I took after my name wink

mathanxiety Tue 31-May-11 05:21:37

Nicole, Natalie and Stephanie are 80s names, esp Nicole and Stephanie. Naomi and Rachel are classics.

ComradeJing Tue 31-May-11 06:28:32

I know a few Naomis who are in their 20s. A lovely name!

MrsDistinctlyMintyMonetarism Tue 31-May-11 06:37:47

Lovely as Naomi is (and I do like it) I just get a mental picture of Naomi Campbell, and she is as mad as a box of frogs.

bonkers20 Tue 31-May-11 06:39:21

I know a few Naomis. What puts me off it is that some people say Nay-oh-mee and others say Ny-oh-mee.

I am not keen on Natalie I think because the only ones I know are a bit chavvy.

Stephanie is nice, but WILL be shortened to Steph or Stephy so make sure you are happy with those.

Rachel I like.

My favorite is Nicole. It just sounds French to me rather than reminds me of the Clio ad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now