Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

Oliver and Olivia

(16 Posts)
oohlaalaa Wed 25-May-11 10:23:27

I have just met a brother and sister, very close in age, called Oliver and Olivia.

Am I alone in thinking they are too similar?

bluebobbin Wed 25-May-11 10:24:22

It's quite sweet grin

Mousesmummy Wed 25-May-11 10:26:36

My dh has a cousin Tommy who married Tammy smile

thaigreencurry Wed 25-May-11 10:28:55

I agree too similar. I once came across siblings called Billie and Billy.

PorkChopSter Wed 25-May-11 10:35:52

It's very on-message grin

PorkChopSter Wed 25-May-11 10:37:07

I should point out that I am forever calling my children by the wrong name and frequently resort to a general "oi YOU" and calling them the same name would have saved me an awful lot of bother.

MrsCarriePooter Wed 25-May-11 11:36:48

No way, and far too confusing.

SloganLogan Wed 25-May-11 11:51:33

Too similar and/or the same name, one being a feminine version of the other.

chinateacup Wed 25-May-11 21:49:48

My brother and his wife are Oliver and Olivia. Ollie & Liv/Livvy so not to bad in reality...

EllenJaneisnotmyname Wed 25-May-11 23:33:29

I know of sisters called Alex and Alice.

Also siblings called Anne, Andrew and Joanne.

A bit silly, I think, to do it intentionally.

lurkerspeaks Thu 26-May-11 00:15:51

I know brothers Nathan & Jonathan.

Way too similar in my book.

tiptoptally Thu 26-May-11 01:27:06

I dated a Tom with a brother called Tim...and know of siblings called Harriet (Hattie) and Harry....

Personally not a fan of this!

madwomanintheattic Thu 26-May-11 01:36:19

i have an oliver whose dotty ancient aunt always calls olivia (and writes olivia in cards) - so when daa is in the picture i refer to my 3 dd's x,y, and olivia. grin

i wouldn't have called either of his sister's olivia with him in the picute. but i might have used olivia and not oliver iyswim.

maybe one was adopted? <hopeful>

that said, one dd does have a second name that is similar to the other one's christian name, so maybe i don't have much of an imagination. <sigh>

oohlaalaa Thu 26-May-11 10:42:43

No, not adopted. The boy is called Olly and girl Livvy. I suppose you can call your children whatever you want, but I think its rather unimaginative.

DriverDan Sat 28-May-11 00:46:00

When I was younger I knew a brother and sister called Michael and Michelle. I also know an Andrea who is marrying an Andrew. They are both known as Andy. The sibling one is worse though grin

TheSecondComing Sat 28-May-11 01:08:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: