Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

What do you think of these names?

(11 Posts)
donandpea Tue 24-May-11 20:59:50

Hi all I think we have come up with a name for girl and one for a boy. I'm 27 weeks with number 2.

Girl- Faye Catherine
Boy- Louis Brian (Brian after a lost family member)

What do you all think? Oppions please. Number on is 18month old and called called Isla.

rachel234 Tue 24-May-11 21:04:47

Faye is lovely.

Would you pronounce Louis French way (Lou-ee) or the English/German (Lou-is)?

Mum2be79 Tue 24-May-11 21:06:02

Not many Faye's around or Catherine's but Catherine Faye sounds better than Faye Catherine, which sounds bulky.

I have a Louis in my class but his name is pronounced Lewis.

shoobidoo Tue 24-May-11 21:09:57

I like Faye, although I agree Faye Catherine doesn't sound as nice together as the other way round. But you rarely use both together.

I'd spell Louis as Lewis (assuming you're in the UK) unless you want it pronounced the French way. I'm not that keen on it, tbh.

Tillyscoutsmum Tue 24-May-11 21:11:13

Faye is lovely.

SilkStalkings Tue 24-May-11 21:55:44

Lovely. Agree something about the metre of Faye Catherine not so good but maybe with surname it bounces along better. How about Faye Katrina/Catriona?

MelinaM Tue 24-May-11 22:11:58

Love Faye and Louissmile

oohlaalaa Thu 26-May-11 19:04:18

Love Faye and Louis too.

pilates Thu 26-May-11 20:02:54

I think Catherine Faye sounds better.

Louis is nice.

MelinaM Thu 26-May-11 23:50:56

Love Louis! Faye and Catherine are lovely too, but I do agree that the name much better as Catherine Fayesmile

sunshineleah Sat 28-May-11 10:00:26

I like Faye Catherine! And it's not like people will be saying her full name all the time - so use the name you want to hear most as the first!

I really like Loius (Lou-ee) smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: