Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

Felicity or Louisa?

(16 Posts)
TabloidTart Tue 24-May-11 19:57:25

Sooo... we live in Germany and are really struggling to find a name that the locals will be able to pronounce properly. DH and I have agreed on these two - with middle name Grace. The only issues I have are a) whether Felicity is too prim and a bit of a mouthful, and b) whether I want to give a child a name that's in the top 30 over here (i.e. Louisa, albeit, Luise.)
Any thoughts?

Mum2be79 Tue 24-May-11 21:08:20

I like both.

Really like Felicity. Goes well ... Felicity Grace. I have considered it myself. But since I'm in my first trimester I have plenty of time to consider it.

SloganLogan Tue 24-May-11 23:11:41

Louisa Grace - lovely name smile

Felicity is nice but I don't like the nicknames Flick/Fliss.

mich54321 Tue 24-May-11 23:20:56

Prefer Louisa - think it will be easier to pronounce especially as you are living overseas - you need to think whether a German child would find it easy to say Felicity when your child starts nursery school ? Louisa Grace is lovely, and is not the same name as Luise (presume sounds like Louise) so I wouldn't let the popular name worry you.

buttons99 Thu 26-May-11 10:43:39

Louisa Grace would be my choice. I have a Louise and she loves her name. Its very pretty but not sickly so, not overly common (infact in Uk there are very few her age) and if you do want a nickname for her there are lots of lovely ones.

valiumbandwitch Thu 26-May-11 11:32:35

Louisa is lovely
Felicity is not very nice and fliss/flick are awful

pilates Thu 26-May-11 11:55:46

Louisa Grace - beautiful.

MelinaM Thu 26-May-11 17:50:25

Louisa Grace is lovely, Felicity is a nice naem but not a fan of the nn's Flick, Fliss, Lissiesmile

Domesticbodess Thu 26-May-11 17:58:37

Louisa Grace is gorgeous!

paddypoopants Thu 26-May-11 18:03:06

I love Felicity and it just makes me start humming the brilliant Orange Juice song of the same name.

BabesandJugs Fri 27-May-11 12:17:28

I love, love, love Felicity - if we were ever to have another girl we've agreed on Felicity

Felicity Grace - beautiful!

evamummy Fri 27-May-11 18:48:31

Both lovely, but I'd choose Louisa.

TransatlanticCityGirl Sat 28-May-11 21:54:34

I luuuurve Felicity.... It was on my shortlist but DH wasn't keen.

BikeRunSki Sat 28-May-11 21:58:30

Louisa - one of my favourite girl's names and on list for Bump2.

Felicity - too prim, and old fashioned.

Felicity Grace - Too many virtues in one name poor girl!

Ephiny Sat 28-May-11 22:02:12

I like Louisa, personally find Felicity a bit prim and fussy. Louisa Grace is a lovely combination.

Sylvaniasandwich Mon 30-May-11 15:16:27

I love Louisa, and am astonished that Felicity keeps cropping up on here.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: