Talk

Advanced search

wacky or sensible middle name?

(10 Posts)
frankenfanny Wed 12-Jan-11 14:35:28

My new DD is called Nancy. We couldn't even decide on that till after she was born, and I was so relieved to have got one I threw away the list of other names.

Now she needs registered soon, and I think she needs a middle name. I have complete free rein to go as wacky as I like as this is our last baby. the others have one middle name after relatives, we have no more of those left.

So, do I go for sensible, surnamey name, like the others, something v unusual, or a pretty girlie name? Or all 3? eg sounding a bit like Nancy Tiger-Rose Surnamey Smith? Or is that too much/ waste of paper?

My practical and sentimental sides are at war- please help!

LetThereBeRock Wed 12-Jan-11 14:37:17

If you tell us the middle names it'd help. It depends how odd it is.

frankenfanny Wed 12-Jan-11 14:46:51

Difficult without being identifying, given unusual? It is an actual name, not made up or funny spelt, just very old. I thought perhaps if I tagged a pretty girlie name onto it it might be more acceptable - but I don't usually go for hyphenated names.

HelenaRose Wed 12-Jan-11 15:09:59

Go for wacky! :D

frankenfanny Wed 12-Jan-11 15:20:11

Cheers- thats 2 votes for wacky ...

mathanxiety Wed 12-Jan-11 15:50:12

Go out with a bang.

umiaisha Wed 12-Jan-11 16:01:11

Just wanted to get some opinions on 'Rafaella' for a girl??

Am expecting 2nd baby in March and have a feeling it could be another girl. DD1 is called Coco and both have/will have an arabic surname..any suggestions for middle names also gratefully received!

umiaisha Wed 12-Jan-11 16:02:46

Sorry! meant to start a new conversation..

In response to this thread, wacky all the way!!

mathanxiety Wed 12-Jan-11 18:10:26

<Love Rafaella>

frankenfanny Wed 12-Jan-11 19:19:47

FWIW I love Rafaella too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now