Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

Milla

(9 Posts)
washngo Tue 04-Jan-11 16:08:22

Hello all, I have a six month old camilla. Since she was born her two year old big bro has called her milla and still does. It has caught on a bit, so much so that even one set of gp's and aunts and uncles call her it. It's sort of become her name in my head, which was never the intention but you know how these things happen. What I'm wondering is if I should go with it, encourge it or nip it in the bud now, seeing as it's not strictly a "real" nn (if such a thing exists). What do you think of milla as a nn?

MoonUnitAlpha Tue 04-Jan-11 16:10:19

If you like it, use it.

I have a friend named Milla and think it's very pretty.

Sarsaparilllla Tue 04-Jan-11 16:15:15

If you like it carry on, I think it's pretty. She can always revert back to Camilla when she's older if she wants to.

Folicacid Tue 04-Jan-11 16:31:53

I don't believe in 'real nicknames' but if I did then I would say your daughter has one. Milla is a shortening of her name that just happened, wasn't forced or planned and has been adopted by many people. Don't worry, and for what it's worth, it's a lovely nn.

evamummy Tue 04-Jan-11 17:48:35

I think I prefer Mila.

Rhubarbgarden Tue 04-Jan-11 19:41:57

I think it's lovely. I prefer it to Camilla actually.

freerangeeggs Tue 04-Jan-11 20:07:13

I really like Milla.

SarahScotChristmasSpirit Tue 04-Jan-11 21:11:55

I know a baby Mila - not a NN, but her real 'given' name.

diddl Wed 05-Jan-11 09:10:29

Sounds fine.

But I like Camilla & wouldn´t that to be never used again iyswim.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: