Talk

Advanced search

Baby name websites?

(5 Posts)
podmumlet Mon 03-Jan-11 18:26:26

I am 38+2 weeks expecting my first baby (of unknown flavour), and quite truly am stuck for names... Not a shortlist anywhere!

I must admit, it's making me rather nervy, because I cannot imagine trying to string a sentence together when Baby arrives, let alone discussing possible names with DH!

He is of the opinion that we need to meet the little one first before picking a name. While not really the same, a dear friend has tried to allay my worries by reminding me that I have never had problems in naming my different and much loved pets, or even my car!

I would still like to browse about for names and find something that is rather unusual, without being ridiculous...

I have had a look at the top 100 names list, but am now looking for some alternative and recommended websites...

Any first favourites you could suggest if you've even been in a similar stuck-for-names situation?

Thanks ladies!

SlightlyTubbyHali Mon 03-Jan-11 18:32:11

I quite like this one.

I think it is a good idea to find a shortlist you both agree on (5 names or so) and then pick from those once the baby is born. If you can, anyway - it's not always that easy! (says she, who named her second child by unilateral declaration grin).

podmumlet Mon 03-Jan-11 18:49:23

Thanks for the link SlightlyTubbyHall = seems a great site!

Doubt DH is going to agree to a shortlist before hand, but I certainly will start forming mine and suggesting them once we meet the little one....

MrsvWoolf Mon 03-Jan-11 19:03:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

podmumlet Mon 03-Jan-11 19:14:07

Ohhhh... thanks MrsvWoolf - I have more often than not found the lists of Top 100, so am looking forward to browsing beyond the top 100 (especially as I am hoping for something a bit unusual)...

Times spreadsheet and nymbler look great too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now