Talk

Advanced search

What should Rose's little sister be called??

(62 Posts)
wetwelly Wed 29-Dec-10 13:18:18

We have a Rose Olivia. Due April with another girl.. what should her name be? Chose Rose as timeless and elegant so a similar nambut not sure about another flower? Dh likes Iris?

strawberrycake Wed 29-Dec-10 13:27:48

Noooooo,

my friend has Violet, Lily, Marigold and Daisy. The kids are so embarrassed.

Go for another classic name, Emily or whatever, but not a theme.

wetwelly Wed 29-Dec-10 13:28:49

ok, that's really what I thought. How about something like Florence? any other suggestions along those lines

HaveToWearHeels Wed 29-Dec-10 13:32:06

My dad has two cats called Rose and Florence, so I think they go perfectly together. I have a Ruby and have Eve in mind for the next (should I be blessed).

tummytickler Wed 29-Dec-10 13:32:39

Definately not another flower name!

How about

Grace
Elizabeth
Lydia
Celia
Molly
Charlotte
Lucinda
Bridget
Elsa
Florence
Cassandra
Veronica
Louisa
Daphne
Cordelia
Seren
Felicity
Alice
Martha
Constance
Tabitha
Matilda
Laura
Phillipa

I think most things will go beautifully with Rose, but absolutely NOT a flower name, as lovely as Iris is, you just cannot use it as a sibling for Rose.

Rupreckt Wed 29-Dec-10 13:33:41

Rose and Ella

Rose and Anna

Rose and Imogen

Rose and Libby

As long as you take Rose as a name and not a flower everything goes with the name. Don't have a flower theme or you could have a flower middle name such as

Iris
Poppy
Daisy

Not another floral name.

Louisa
Kitty
Eliza
Nell

Nightstar Wed 29-Dec-10 13:37:43

Iris is a part of the eye

Viola, from Shakespeare's Twelfth Night

panettoinydog Wed 29-Dec-10 13:39:49

No, not another flower.

Anna
Eve
Ellen
Stella
Eloise

wetwelly Wed 29-Dec-10 13:39:51

oo some great suggestions! I love Nell - would it need to be a longer version or could just 'Nell' work? Also, love Elsa and Pippa. I do like Grace with Rose but wonder if too popular?

Any thoughts...

Notevenamouse Wed 29-Dec-10 13:40:54

Hope

5GoldenFimbos Wed 29-Dec-10 13:41:55

Hettie

strawberrycake Wed 29-Dec-10 13:46:40

Eleanor/ Nell? Rather nice. Not too popular, I do like names with the choice of a good nc (I have one myself, so does ds)

strawberrycake Wed 29-Dec-10 13:50:45

I liked Elsbeth, Eila, Alia, Isolde if I had a dd

Avocadoes Wed 29-Dec-10 13:51:18

I love Iris with Rose. Both gorgeous names. I see no probs with two flower names.

Other classic English names would work too:
Matilda
Kate
Mary
Eliza
Emma
Imogen
Annie
Margaret

ZZZenAgain Wed 29-Dec-10 13:57:41

Sophie?

The Nell we know is nearly 10 and is Helena. DD has a friend who has recently starting calling herself Nell or Nellie ( she is 14 ) and her name is Ellen.

Rosebud05 Wed 29-Dec-10 14:41:57

I know a Rose whose sister is Florence. Very nice combination.

Grace also lovely and, like Rose, not that popular as a first name.

CoteDAzur Wed 29-Dec-10 14:43:32

Lily?

theagedparent Wed 29-Dec-10 14:48:06

I know 2 sisters Rose and Iris, I think they sound lovely together

belindarose Wed 29-Dec-10 15:06:59

I thought Abigail or Helena when I read the thread title.

Mrsmackie Wed 29-Dec-10 15:13:45

Alice

DessieLou Wed 29-Dec-10 18:30:08

So many good suggestions. Your lucky DP likes Iris, my OH thought I had lost my mind and asked if I was going to give birth to 90 year old!
Nell is short for Helen...Helena is nice, but Nell on it's own is good too. I believe Vic Reeves has a Nell.
Personally I like Eliza, Pippa, Lydia...pretty and timeless just like Rose. Have a look at literature such as Austen, such lovely names around then.

Janus Wed 29-Dec-10 18:43:27

wetwelly, I have a Rosie that we call Rose quite a bit. I have 2 other daughters, Lottie and Tilly.
I am now pregnant with number 4 and convinced it's another girl. Very spookily, my shortlist is Nell, Florence, Isla and Stella, in about that order of preference (just can't quite get my head around calling my daughter same as David Cameron did!!!). I love Nell the most, I think, will probably be just a Nell.
(btw, did you have any boys names in mind before you knew it was a girl, I have no ideas?!)

IhateSunday Wed 29-Dec-10 18:46:02

Freya.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now