Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

What do you think of this name?

(33 Posts)
Christmasbelle Tue 28-Dec-10 21:55:52

This is a follow on to my other thread but could I have your opinions please. I wasn't going to divulge the full name but feel that it is the only way to get true opinions. All 3 middle names are important to me but what do you think. Is it just too long or does it flow nicely?

Annabel Felicity Martha Rose Smith

Thanks again smile

herhonesty Tue 28-Dec-10 22:07:26

well they are all nice names (but annabel is least nice). but it is a bit of a mouthful. why not just felicity martha rose smith

maryz Tue 28-Dec-10 22:08:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CaptainNancy Tue 28-Dec-10 22:10:12

Martha and Rose are a little Doctor Who... wink

Christmasbelle Tue 28-Dec-10 22:53:11

Thanks for your honesty ladies. I know you are right about it being too long.

I think I am just going to have to come to a descision and drop one of the middle names. As mentioned on the previous thread, I have changed my DD's name to Annabel 6 weeks ago and we are just getting ready to send the new details back to the registrar. So one of the middle names was her old first name and the others are in honour of a very much loved family member.It just felt easier keeping the old name in there but I do tend to agree with you that it is just too long!

Lonnie Tue 28-Dec-10 22:57:14

I dont really see a problem she will write

Annabel Smith or
Annabel F M R Smith

rarely Annabel Felicity Martha Rose Smith.

GeorgeFormbyGrill Tue 28-Dec-10 23:07:49

Is Rose an important component? Only it seems like it's becoming the go-to filler middle name round here, a bit '-Jane/-Louise' IYKWIM

purpleiris Tue 28-Dec-10 23:22:07

Yes it is long but I'd go for it! They are all lovely names and I think they flow really nicely! I knew somebody once who gave their child 4 names ad they were a lot longer than your little one's names and didn't flow nearly as well!

Annabel Felicity Martha Rose Smith - yes I really like it. And I think you might regret not using one now...smile

NadiaWadia Wed 29-Dec-10 03:10:41

Annabel is nice. Doesn't matter if she has a lot of middle names, she doesn't have to use them all the time.

Tortington Wed 29-Dec-10 03:24:35

farkin ell

do you really have to fit them all in on one kid?

mathanxiety Wed 29-Dec-10 03:25:31

I like it and would keep it whole. All the names are nice, all have meaning for you, and they all go very well together. She will use the initials or just the first name as she goes about her daily life.

BigChiefOrganiser Wed 29-Dec-10 03:35:01

I would either use

Annabel felicity Martha
Annabel Martha rose, or
Felicity Martha rose

The four is a bit of a mouthful. Which of the names is your daughter's original?

Christmasbelle Wed 29-Dec-10 08:05:48

Thanks for your opinions, they are much appreciated smile. Martha was her original name and the other two was a much loved grandmothers name, who I lived with but she is no longer with us anymore smile. Oh, I cant believe I am 15 wks down the line with my DD and still having issues about her name shock

diddl Wed 29-Dec-10 08:50:02

Martha is the name I like least tbh.

If possible I´d go for Annabel Felicity.

Christmasbelle Wed 29-Dec-10 09:10:20

So these are the combinations I am considering:

Annabel Felicity Martha Rose Smith (Keep all)
Annabel Felicity Rose Smith (Drop her old original name)
Annabel Felicity Martha Smith (Drop Rose which I love, but could not use as a first name due to our surname!)

I am not going to drop Felicity because of the important family link. Also, my DH says that this will be our last child (2nd, unless I can convince him otherwise) and so wont be able to use any of them again in the future smile.

diddl Wed 29-Dec-10 09:17:05

From those I like Annabel Felicity Rose best.

Christmasbelle Wed 29-Dec-10 09:21:41

i really like that combination too. i am just a little worried about Martha still being present on her new birth certificate, cards etc but it having no relevance to her new name. Do you think it matters diddl? thanks smile

diddl Wed 29-Dec-10 09:28:24

Does Martha have to stay on the BC then?

ginhag Wed 29-Dec-10 09:32:32

I like Matha more than Annabel!

Which is probably not very helpful...

LittleYellowTeapot Wed 29-Dec-10 10:22:50

They're all lovely names. My fave is Martha.

I think it's fine to have lots of middle names if it's important to you to keep them all - you rarely use them anyway!

GeorgeFormbyGrill Wed 29-Dec-10 10:25:28

My fave is Martha too, so probably not helpful either! My own DD has 2 middle names, quite a long name on total I have assumed she will drop the 2nd middle name it honours my Grandmother though to use it.

SE13Mummy Wed 29-Dec-10 13:00:19

I'd go for Annabel Felicity Martha Smith and drop Rose, or perhaps Annabel Martha Felicity Smith. My DDs both have two middle names (but 4 and 5 letters so easy to fit on forms!) but three, particularly with Felicity which is quite long, does feel a bit OTT to me.

Also, Rose is a very popular middle name so, although it's lovely, it seems to hold less meaning for you than Martha or Felicity (both of which I adore).

Nightstar Wed 29-Dec-10 13:05:54

I think using Annabel and Felicity is too much. They both have a lot of syllables and whilst are fine written down try saying it out loud! It's far too much of a mouthfull.

I think any combination using either one or the other would work but not both

minipie Wed 29-Dec-10 13:10:41

Why are you changing her name <nosy>?

I think Martha is lovely. I'd go for Martha Rose Felicity Smith.

(Think Rose is better as second name, to break up the two longer names IYSWIM)

smilingserenely Wed 29-Dec-10 22:10:51

don't worry about still having issues with your dd's name at 15 weeks dd4 is 9 months and we've only just settled on her name and i still have wobbles if i've done the right thing.funnily the names we were choosing between were martha ,felicity , arabella and cecilia/cecily . we eventually discounted martha as it didn't feel right for her .

have read your previous posts on your naming dilemma and really empathise with you .

fwiw i would keep martha in just to keep a link with her birth cards and any other named things she may have been given. if you were to drop one name i would personally drop rose as it seems to have fewer reasons to be included and is dare i say it a filler.

if you were to keep rose i would choose
annabel felicity martha rose as it seems to flow better imo
and annabel felicity martha if you drop rose

but even though 4 names is alot she will so rarely have to fill them in that it is probably not a huge issue

good luck with the decision

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: