Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

Thomas & Emma

(15 Posts)
Sparkle2010 Tue 14-Dec-10 18:50:04

What do you honestly think of:
Thomas Edward
Thomas James

For a girl, I love Emma Faye so much but surname will be Finch. I know it's very rare the whole name is said together, but do you think Emma Faye Finch is ok?

or

Emma Isabel (or Isabelle. Not sure which I prefer)

ShoppingDays Tue 14-Dec-10 19:04:07

I like Thomas Edward and Thomas James. Only slight reservation is that they're all Thomas the Tank Engine names!

Emma Isabelle is gorgeous. Not keen on Faye.

thisisyesterday Tue 14-Dec-10 19:10:29

Thomas Edward is really lovely

and Emma Faye Finch is very pretty! def better than Emma Isobel

tummytickler Tue 14-Dec-10 19:22:52

Sorry, but I find Emma and Thomas extremely boring. I love James for a first name.
Out of the two Thomas combos I prefer Thomas James.
I prefer Emma Faye to Emma Isabelle.

Hedwig3 Tue 14-Dec-10 19:39:42

Thomas James would be my choice.

I agree that Emma Faye isn't a problem.

bensonbutnohedges Tue 14-Dec-10 19:45:46

Thomas has been very popular for a very long time and your DS could still end up one of many.
My DS (15) would have been one of 3 Thomas Bs in his class if we hadn't changed our minds.

rachel234 Tue 14-Dec-10 21:25:01

As you've asked for honest opinions, I think that Thomas/Tom is very popular and a little dull imo.

Emma, on the other hand, is quite underused these days and I like it. Emma Faye is lovely.

OldishMotherHubbard Wed 15-Dec-10 14:05:47

I love Thomas James (TJ) and Thomas Edward -they are my 3 fave boys names, but I might also be tempted by Edward James or James Edward!

Love Emma too - only one Emma in my daughter's school. (Actually only one James and no Thomas or Edwards!)
All the Emmas I know are lovely.

Good luck!

moondog Wed 15-Dec-10 14:06:51

Two of the dullest names in the world.

OctaviaOstrichJollster Wed 15-Dec-10 14:26:17

my nephew (28) is Thomas Edward... classic but quite safe?
Emma Faye sounds fine IMO. Prefer Isobel spelling.

Agree they are not the most daring of names, but both very nice, and the important thing is that YOU like them.

RockinRobinBird Wed 15-Dec-10 14:35:28

Absolutely lovely names, a darn sight better than all the Fabians and Merediths and Willows that come up on here so often.

expectingno3 Wed 15-Dec-10 14:59:32

I think either boys' suggestions are nice, but not keen on Faye. Emma Isabelle is lovely.

mathanxiety Thu 16-Dec-10 15:19:26

Both nice names, classic. I like Emma Isobel and also Emma Faith instead of Fay.

ShoppingDays Thu 16-Dec-10 16:36:03

Agree with mathanxiety, Emma Faith is lovely

DilysPrice Thu 16-Dec-10 16:40:56

Nice, classic. Thomas is very popular at the mo, but not ridiculously so. No reason at all not to go for it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: