Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

How popular do you think Jasper will become?

(20 Posts)
treecloud Tue 14-Dec-10 13:34:04

Jasper has stayed pretty much the same in the stats over the last couple of years but do you think this will change soon? What with Twighlight and parents constantly searching for that elusive unusual yet non-wacky name, do yout hink it will satrt climbing the table?

I don't know any Jasper's but quite a few people seem to talk about it on here.

ShoppingDays Tue 14-Dec-10 16:08:09

I think it will stay the same - popular in some circles but not others.

Littlefish Tue 14-Dec-10 16:09:01

There are two in the class of a close relative of mine. His parents are gutted.

CheerfulYank Tue 14-Dec-10 16:09:19

I think it'll be pretty popular. I know of a few little ones born recently. It's a great name though, so who cares? FWIW I love Finn and will probably use it for my next DS, no matter how popular everyone says it is.

Rhubarbgarden Tue 14-Dec-10 19:15:36

I think it's going to become very popular. I'm hearing it a lot.

tinselthechaffinch Thu 16-Dec-10 07:13:48

I'm hearing it a lot too, quite a few new borns I can think of named it.

AllieW Thu 16-Dec-10 10:09:32

Not heard it at all and I live in Surrey! But I've yet to do the rounds of the baby groups, so perhaps it is.

muminthemiddle Thu 16-Dec-10 23:05:57

I don't know any.

LittleCheesyPineappleOne Thu 16-Dec-10 23:07:11

I know one 2 year old (Surrey)

Megletitsnow Thu 16-Dec-10 23:08:44

I don't know any but it was on my list of possible names for DS's.

It's a lovely name.

Jojay Thu 16-Dec-10 23:13:38

I've got one! He's 4 now. We met another little one in a swimming pool once but haven't met any more.

DS2 has a far more common name - you have to choose a name that you love, regardless of popularity, IMHO, because it's impossible to know which names will become popular.

You only need some 'sleb or a soap to use a name and it will race up the charts.

Great name though, we haven't regretted it for a moment.

highlystrung Fri 17-Dec-10 12:00:01

I've got one -hear of other ones every now and then but dont mind because it wasnt exactly unheard of when we chose it 4 years ago.

SunOverStars Sat 18-Dec-10 13:55:31

Considered it for DS but decided against as it's too popular. Know 1 myself but everyone else said they all knew at least 1 too!

Georgimama Sat 18-Dec-10 13:58:32

It's going to get very popular I reckon, as is Edward.

When I meet a little Emmett or Carlisle I will know that Twi-love has gone completely crazy.

SunOverStars Sat 18-Dec-10 13:59:12

My 14-year-old sister swears she is naming her first daughter Reneesme grin

Georgimama Sat 18-Dec-10 14:00:48

Oh dear God. I can actually understand Bella calling her daughter something like that, she was only 19 after all, but Edward was 109 and had no excuse.

TaffyandTeenyTaffy Sat 18-Dec-10 14:07:20

I have one and know 2.

However, mine is a furry one (dog) aged 4.

Two friends have named their babies Jasper this year - one of them has the same surname as my DSs christian name.....

I do think its a lovely name.

nancydrewrockinaroundxmastree Sat 18-Dec-10 14:12:28

It will be very popular.

I can say that with all confidence as it is the name we had picked for this baby if I had a DS (I am having a girl).

I have serious form (3 times now) for choosing a name that everyone thinks is weird/unusual and then within 1-2 years it is everywhere confused

Must just have impecable taste wink

RetroMum1 Sat 18-Dec-10 19:24:18

We have one and love it still but we chose it as it was unusual but not way out however I think we were wrong it is not unusual at all! We are in London and it does seem a popular choice here. I met another one in a playground recently and another at my daughters mini gym class recently.

It is still a lovely name though and I like nancydrew have chosen 2 names that now have turned out to be quite popular. You can't predict what will become popular and I think that unless you choose something really wacky you are always at risk of finding someone else with the same name.

Jojay Sun 19-Dec-10 07:17:35

Georgimama - I know a little Emmett!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: