Talk

Advanced search

Reuben and Oscar??

(13 Posts)
KIRAleigh Mon 13-Dec-10 20:38:04

We have a 4 year old son named Reuben Jay Hall. I am 8 months pregnant and we have decided Oscar Joe for a boy, we think Reuben and Oscar go lovely together? However, we can not decide on a girls name. We do love Ava Lily but are worried it is too popular? Joe and Lily were my partners grandparents names and we have decided they are definate middle names. Please help !

Mumcentreplus Mon 13-Dec-10 20:45:07

I like them all..although Oscar reminds me of the fish and can be a bit harsh for a young one...but tis cute

Panzee Mon 13-Dec-10 20:47:36

I like them. Please don't worry about names being 'too' popular, it just means they're nice!

Northernrose Mon 13-Dec-10 20:51:34

Be confident to go for the name you love - because you love it! your names are all lovely... and realistically just because a name comes high up on the charts doesn't necessarily mean you'll know loads of them, IMO. Of all the popular names on the charts in my part of the country I know of far more babies/toddlers with different names than I know babies/toddlers with the top 10 names! Reuben and Oscar or Reuben and Ava are both lovely together.

Let us know what you have! smile

AllieW Tue 14-Dec-10 10:20:22

I think Ava is lovely! But if you do want to consider others:

Abigail Lily
Charmaine (pn Shar-main) Lily
Charmian (pn Car-mian) Lily
Eva Lily
Francesca Lily
Penelope Lily

ShoppingDays Tue 14-Dec-10 12:34:20

If you like Ava then use it

Or a few other ideas...

Sophia Lily
Victoria Lily
Nina Lily
Phoebe Lily
Miriam Lily
Frances Lily
Maria Lily
Rebecca Lily
Jennifer Lily

LotteryWinnersOnAcid Tue 14-Dec-10 20:39:56

Girls' name very pretty but really I only piped up to say I know two young brothers called Reuben and Oscar and they are lovely. grin

AnnOnimous Tue 14-Dec-10 21:23:34

I know a lovely Oscar.

And Reuben is one of my favourite names - I think they go very well together.

Lilyloo Tue 14-Dec-10 21:27:47

I know 2 brothers called reuben and oscar and have a lily they are all fab names , good choice !!

lilly13 Tue 14-Dec-10 21:41:34

Definitely Oscar

Bicnod Wed 15-Dec-10 10:06:30

I have an Oscar - it is possibly the best name in the world wink

Ava is also lovely - great choices.

happycamel Fri 17-Dec-10 17:17:00

I like Reuben and Oscar - my first two horses were called those names. Bit surprised to see them used for a human though. Thought they were more horse/dog names. Sorry, maybe that's just me.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 17-Dec-10 20:26:14

Ava is a nice name and I wouldn't worry about the popularity thing, I know many more Oscars than I do Avas.

Just go with the name you love.

Congratulations BTW.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now