Talk

Advanced search

Will MARCELLO be shortened to MARCO?

(22 Posts)
Kiki84 Thu 09-Dec-10 11:28:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RockChick1984 Thu 09-Dec-10 11:33:43

I know a bloke called marcello and it just gets shortened to marc. Just depends on what he is happy being called once he gets a bit older, my name is Elizabeth and at various times I've been liz, libby, beth, and lizzy! Xxx

bluecardi Thu 09-Dec-10 11:34:59

would say marcel for short (super name btw)

MrsKitty Thu 09-Dec-10 11:52:30

Lovely name smile. I can't imagine it being shortened to Marco especially if you discourage it, or start up your own shortened version wink.

Marc, Mar, or Mars, perhaps?

mopsyflopsy Thu 09-Dec-10 12:32:18

I know a Marcello who gets called Marc. Personally I prefer Romeo - more classic and more Italian sounding.

Kiki84 Thu 09-Dec-10 13:50:43

mopsyflopsy Thu 09-Dec-10 13:52:07

Marcello Raffeallo does not sound great, to be honest.

Romeo or Rocco Raffaello sounds much nicer imo.

Kiki84 Thu 09-Dec-10 13:57:40

scurryfunge Thu 09-Dec-10 14:04:16

Would Marcelino Raffaello sound better?

also:

Romano?

Angelo?

Dino?

Gino?

weeper Thu 09-Dec-10 14:13:21

I know an adult Marcello and his name gets shortened to Cello

misdee Thu 09-Dec-10 14:14:12

My friends little boy gets shorted to Mitch

ShoppingDays Thu 09-Dec-10 20:12:43

Love Marcello, definitely the best of your options I think it would be shortened (if at all) to Marc or Cello.

marriednotmulled Thu 09-Dec-10 20:34:06

Rocco and Romeo are celeb kids names so you may find they become popular for the wrong reasons.

Marcello is lovely. Can see it being shortened to Marc (or messed with in the playground and turned into marshmallow).

Romano sounds good with your DH's name.

Asteria Thu 09-Dec-10 20:57:37

I have just run these by my DS8 (who was on his way back to bed before I get flamed for him being up so late!!) his off the cuff NN's were Marcy for Marcello, Rocky for Rocco and Raffy for Raffaello. I won't tell you what he said for Romeo... blush
Thought that a child's point of view might help, especially as no matter how hard we try it is they that bugger up our lovely names in the playground - his name is German btw and it is constantly messed about with!

I personally love Raffaello. I used to work with a gang of utterly gorgeous Italian men (so with name association in mind!) how about Fabian, Giacomo or Francesco?

mopsyflopsy Thu 09-Dec-10 21:13:29

But the most teasable name for silly schoolchildren (William > Willy) is used so frequently these days... In other words there are much more teasable names than Marcello (Marshmallow) for example.

Kiki84 Fri 10-Dec-10 13:48:06

MrsKitty Fri 10-Dec-10 13:59:36

Why not Romano, as suggested by someone earlier in the thread? That's be my 2nd favourite, after Marcello.

I don't think Marcello Rafaello sounds wrong, so if that's the one you want, go for it.

Kiki84 Fri 10-Dec-10 14:05:50

Saltire Fri 10-Dec-10 14:08:16

I have an uncle with that name, he gets Mac or Max

When i was little I couldn't say his name and used to call him uncle Awello!grin

Francagoestohollywood Fri 10-Dec-10 14:21:36

Marcello is never shortened into Marco, at least here in Italy.

evamummy Fri 10-Dec-10 14:38:18

I don't like Marcello and it will probably be shortened to Marc/Marco in the UK.

I think Romeo Raffallo sounds very cool smile.

mathanxiety Sat 11-Dec-10 05:06:01

I knew a Marcello who was known as Marshmallow. I think this is the most obvious nn kids would think of, and not Marco or any 'soft c' nns like Marcel, as the c has a 'ch' sound.

How about Rafaello as a first name? I think this is the best you've posted so far. I like all the combinations you posted with Rafaello as the first name.

Or Roman? (very 'international' name)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now