Talk

Advanced search

middle name for camilla

(14 Posts)
doireallywant3 Wed 01-Dec-10 16:10:34

DC2 is not due for a while yet but am obsessing over girls names already! Its not even definiteyl a girl but I already have my boys names chosen. We love the name camilla but can't think of a middle name. our surname begins with Sl..... DD1 is called Sophia Charlotte. any ideas?

Lonnie Wed 01-Dec-10 16:24:53

Rose/ Roseanna/ Rosea came to mind

Phoebe

Ellen

Diana (Sorry couldnt resist)

Fern

Kimberley

Highlandgirl Wed 01-Dec-10 16:32:14

Camilla Rose jumped straight to the front of my mind no idea why...! smile

You (imo) almost need quite a short / punchy middle name to balance out Camilla as it's 3 syllables. Like maybe: Jane, Sara/a, Alice etc etc.

RockinRobinBird Wed 01-Dec-10 16:34:36

Think it has to be something classical, Camilla Mary, Camilla Margaret...

I went to school with a Camilla in the 80's and she was a gorgeous creature.

Camilla Diana would be funny though

JBrd Wed 01-Dec-10 17:15:41

Camilla May
Camilla Rose
Camilla Grace

I also think that with a first name that long, a short middle name works well

lowrib Thu 02-Dec-10 11:36:45

Full house!

Sorry I couldn't help it grin

I have a bit of a thing about May, Rose and Grace being the default middle names of our time - and there they are all together!

They're all really nice names, to be sure, but very, very popular indeed as middle names.

BlueChampagne Thu 02-Dec-10 12:51:48

Camilla Helen
Camilla Margaret
Camilla Frances

ellaeleven Thu 02-Dec-10 12:59:09

Camilla Eve
There is a beautiful young American actress called Camilla Belle which I think is a lovely name. Think a short middle name would be best.

doireallywant3 Thu 02-Dec-10 17:52:34

thanks so much everyone. lowrib, i agree with you, exactly what i thought too and too many friends have those kind of names as middle names. feels unoriginal. it does need to be a one syllable name though I think. I love camilla belle (my fave at this time) but DH is not keen. Maria could be an option.

washngo Thu 02-Dec-10 21:44:58

My Camilla is Camilla Rose, and I do love the way it sounds (I know it's v v popular as a middle name but I kept trying to think of others and none of them sounded as nice in my head!). But I do also really like Camilla Mary.

OnEdge Thu 02-Dec-10 21:46:30

its got to be Rose after reading this smile

MrsTedHughes Thu 02-Dec-10 21:47:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

healthyElfy Fri 03-Dec-10 09:40:05

Camilla Louise

SkylineDrifter Fri 03-Dec-10 11:44:26

Yes I like the sound of Camilla Rose too. My second choice would be Camilla Jane, and I'm in agreement with those that say it should be a short one-syllable name.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now