Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

Zac

(6 Posts)
anna456 Tue 30-Nov-10 14:38:00

I'm having name regret. Unfortunately my son is two and a half. Keep worrying Zac is too 'common'...and that he should have been a Jack instead (the other name we considered). I guess no-one can really help me but I just want to feel better! I have a real love-hate relationship with his name and it's getting me a bit down!

cadifflur Tue 30-Nov-10 14:46:59

I don't know any Zacs (and love it as a name) but there are 3-4 Jacks in my DCs nursery classes. I think Jack is much more common than Zac (altho still a great name). Has yous DS not grown into his name for you? Is he Zac or do you look at him and see somebody else?

anna456 Tue 30-Nov-10 14:50:12

Actually, yes, he has grown into his name. The problem started when my mum hated it (though I think she likes it now...we don't talk about it that much as it was a sore point for a long time). And in fact when I typed 'Zac' just now, I thought how lovely it looked! I just sometimes see him and think how easily Jack would suit him too, and perhaps it's more 'classic' than Zac...

jellybeans Tue 30-Nov-10 15:00:14

I think it's a great name and not at all common. It is quite popular but even if you add all the spellings up it is still far from top 20 names. Unless you go for a 'safe', and some may say 'boring', name then you get more people who either love or hate it. Zac tends to be either a love/hate name. It is great as it is short and sharp and not cutesy like Archie/Alfie etc. I have heard some people say it is harsh but that only matters on a baby which they are not for very long anyway. I also think the C at the end is less harsh than a K. There is something cool about having a Z name i think! If you like it then don't worry what others think.

tammy234 Wed 01-Dec-10 09:35:12

Zac/Zachary and Jack are both very common - just look at the 2009 (and previous years') statistics.

CharlieBoo Wed 01-Dec-10 12:38:14

I don;t know any and its a lovely name....

We went on holiday earlier this year and my little boy made friends with a Zach and my son thought his parents kept calling him Jack...they sound really similar and are both great names...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: