Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

Middle name for Isaac...

(17 Posts)
typsical Mon 29-Nov-10 18:35:42

Preferably with 6 letters...?

flopsy1974 Mon 29-Nov-10 18:37:50

Issac James
Issac Thomas

worzella Mon 29-Nov-10 18:37:54

we have an Isaac Joseph

FreudianFoxSquishedByAPouffe Mon 29-Nov-10 18:43:00

My Isaac is Isaac Reeve Henry (the reeve is a family name)

typsical Mon 29-Nov-10 18:47:58

All nice thank you! Although looking for something a bit more unusual... maybe a nature/hippy name? I like Reeve! Is it a first name in your family of a surname?

Bue Mon 29-Nov-10 18:56:07

Why 6 letters in particular? These don't have 6 letters but is this the sort of thing you're after?

Isaac Forrest
Isaac River
Isaac Bay

FreudianFoxSquishedByAPouffe Mon 29-Nov-10 19:02:12

It's my DH's nan's maiden name - she was welsh and only changed her surname when she moved to England.

Hmmm nature names <thinks>

Rowan
Forrest
River

Also liked
Xavier
Jasper
Darwin

typsical Mon 29-Nov-10 23:05:07

Already have a River Have considered Forrest but think it sounds too much like we're trying too hard to match River, and plus I don't like it as much as River so it wouldn't be fair! I like Bay (but it sounds a bit feminine, does it not?) What does Rowan mean? Can't help but think of Mr Bean! Darwin =Charles. Xavier =I want to like, but there's something about it I don't unfortunately, and Jasper I really like but DH said no way! confused

typsical Mon 29-Nov-10 23:12:09

Oh and the 6 letters thing... When I was little, my sister told me that our mum and dad loved us both equally because we had the same amount of letters in our combined first and middle names! I know it's nonsense, but it's kind of stuck! So if we had Isaac, we'd need a 6 letter name to equal DS1 Obviously it's not set in stone though. DH thinks I'm crazy!!! x

MelinaM Mon 29-Nov-10 23:22:43

My cousin's surnames is Reeves, I do like Reeve!

Kirstie Allsopp's eldest son is called Bay Atlas, I think it works for male or femalesmile

Nature names: Ash, Caspian, Clay, Grove, Heath, Leif (leaf), Raven, Ridge, Storm, Thor

typsical Mon 29-Nov-10 23:33:26

Hmm, there you are again with all your names Mel, you're like a book of naming knowledge! I love it! I've suggested Ash, but it's DH's friend's name so a no-go! What does Caspian mean, is it something to do with the sea? I think I like it! I have a good friend called Heather who I shorten to Heath (pronounced differently, but still looks the same!) I like Leif! But not sure DH will! Think he might actually like Reeve, I shall see! Maybe we need to stay away from nature names after all though, because they all feel as though we would just be having it because we have River.... Maybe we need a name that has a nature meaning but is not obvious... Am I asking too much?! I like Blake (which has 'lake' within it, what do you think..?)

MelinaM Mon 29-Nov-10 23:42:50

Caspian's the name of the sea, Leif's the swedish form of Leaf ...less bizarre looking I feel! Oohhh now I do like Blake, Issac Blakesmile You could have two middle names you knowwink x

typsical Mon 29-Nov-10 23:48:55

I love Isaac Blake, it is my first choice, but it is all about convincing the DH and getting over the fact that he would have one less letter than DS1! Can't have 2 middles because DS1 doesn't, and that wouldn't be fair now would it?

MelinaM Mon 29-Nov-10 23:52:07

I think it's the one! Deedpoll darling!wink ..go on add another! Now what goes nicely with Oliver Riverhmm ..off to consult the fairies!

typsical Tue 30-Nov-10 00:07:35

Hurry up fairies, I'm intrigued!! NB. DH is a fussy bugger!x

typsical Tue 30-Nov-10 00:14:07

Whoooah, I just realised, are you off to consult on a 3rd name for Oliver...? I was thinking you were wondering about a brother...?! Lol (I never use that, but I did actually lol!), no chance, the DH isn't merely as name obsessed as me, and that would be pushing it! :D x

typsical Tue 30-Nov-10 00:14:31

grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: