Talk

Advanced search

Baby names

(20 Posts)
Summertime92 Wed 24-Nov-10 13:36:18

i have decided not know the sex of my baby until its born! so me and my boyfriend have made a list of names and its between these lot!
Boys:
Kaiden
Astin/Aston (not sure what spelling i like!)
Girls:
Rhiannon
Cheyenne

MJM86 Wed 24-Nov-10 14:26:37

Hey there

Caden was one of our names but its so popular now we went off it.

Rhiannon was a name my little brother wanted us to consider but not my cup of tea.

Do all your names sound ok with your surname or boyfriends surname??

Ineedsomesleep Wed 24-Nov-10 14:43:13

Summer, Kaiden/Kayden/Cayden is very popular at the moment and I think it might date very quickly. From your boys I probably would choose Aston as Astin looks a bit made up. Well as long as his last name won't be Martin that is grin

Would probably choose Rhiannon from your girls list as I love the meaning of the name.

Summertime92 Wed 24-Nov-10 17:18:06

well my boyfriends surnames Clarke so i was worried about Kaiden sounding too rhyming

clumsymumluckybaby Wed 24-Nov-10 19:46:59

i like ashton from your listsmile...
im afraid i dont like any of the others,sorry

Ineedsomesleep Thu 25-Nov-10 07:40:48

Kaiden Clarke is alliteration, and I'll probably get flamed but I'm not a fan of alliteration in names but I know some people really like it.

Are you sure you are going to give the baby your boyfriend's last name and not yours?

MelinaM Thu 25-Nov-10 23:07:51

Ashton is the best from your list, Kaiden VERY popular at the mo!

cece Thu 25-Nov-10 23:09:41

Rhiannon is OK but I really don't like the other names.

Summertime92 Thu 25-Nov-10 23:21:10

well my last name is already hyphenated and more than two surnames sounds silly. so we decided we give the baby his last name

Summertime92 Thu 25-Nov-10 23:22:29

Im open to other names as well so feel free to make suggestions!

cece Thu 25-Nov-10 23:24:38

If you want something unusual and unique then go for John or Jane. You never meet a child with those names these days!

FunnysInTheGarden Thu 25-Nov-10 23:25:36

Fabian
Raphael (Rafe)

grin just promoting my dc's namesgrin

Summertime92 Fri 26-Nov-10 00:07:57

Cece, Thats so true but im not a big fan of traditional names and its seems neither is anyone else anymore!

FunnysInTheGarden their very nice names! not something i see my partner agreeing with me on though!!! :D

Psammead Fri 26-Nov-10 08:40:44

Aston is quite nice.
Rhiannon is not my personal cup of tea, but there is nothing wrong with it

How about:
Logan
Reece
Carter

Ruby
Caitlyn
Savannah

?

Good luck deciding - it's fun!

Psammead Fri 26-Nov-10 08:43:04

Oh, I forgot to say - there is a website called Nymbler where you type in names you like and ot comes up with others in your naming style. Hope that helps!

MouldyMoldie Fri 26-Nov-10 08:43:42

Rhiannon is nice but the rest are a bit Britney Spears, sorry.

ShoppingDays Fri 26-Nov-10 09:41:40

Ashton and Rhiannon.

Summertime92 Fri 26-Nov-10 10:07:41

Psammead, i love Nymbler! im considering reece but i like the welsh spelling (Rhys) more, Carters one of my surnames so im not too sure on it but i've always liked it. logans a pretty cool name aswell!

mathanxiety Fri 26-Nov-10 23:47:44

Aston with an O

and Rhiannon.

Caiden and Cheyenne are way too American (and Brittney Spearsish American too, agree MouldyMoldie)

Rhys, Reese or Reece are nice. As is Logan.

typsical Sun 28-Nov-10 16:05:10

My DS's middle name is River... DH chose it as he wanted something funky/trendy...?! I love it now and it really suits him. Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now