Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

Run out of names for baby no 6

(20 Posts)
superparty Fri 19-Nov-10 13:04:23

Hi all

Please help find a name for baby boy, already have

Ds Mason George Terrance
Dd Abbi
Dd Casey
Dd Darcy
Dd Erin May
Ds ? Louis, Oscar, Leo

Middle names will be ? Robert Joseph / Joseph Robert

Any other suggestion whole heartedly welcome as poor bubs won't have a name when he arrives at this rate.

DS is 17 so OBVIOUSLY nothing toooooo gay!! his words not mine.

Edmundo Fri 19-Nov-10 13:23:53

Leo goes best with other names.

Violet5 Fri 19-Nov-10 13:25:52

Congratulations smile i'm expecting baby number 6 too in 4 weeks time (a boy).
I have 3 girls and this will be my 3rd boy (i'm not having anymore).

My 2 boys are called, Owen & Kyle.

I'm hoping to call this boy Liam, although my husband prefers Callum.

Other boys names i really liked this time round are James and Rhys.
I like your suggestions of Louis and Leo though.

superparty Fri 19-Nov-10 13:46:39

Thanks

edmundo I think I like Leo as well, some said it was a nice soft sounding name???

Congratulations to you to violet 3 of each lovely. I think I like Owen, Kyle and Liam, sounds good.

We've had Louis everytime, but we've ended up with girls, but now they've said its a boy, we're like errrm not sure if I like it now IYKWIM.

Reading it back i think Oscar sounds to grrrr.

Thanks for posting, will keep thinking only 9 wks to go.

MerryMarigold Fri 19-Nov-10 13:50:10

9 weeks is ages!!! Have the kids made any good suggestions? I like Leo out of those names. Owen is nice too. Michael?

sparkleshine Fri 19-Nov-10 18:10:32

I love Leo best out of your names. Also like Owen like the other poster suggested.
Middle names I think Robert Joseph

MelinaM Fri 19-Nov-10 18:17:46

Leo's a lovely name! Yes, what 'not toooo gay' names does your DS suggest?!grin x

Hedwig3 Fri 19-Nov-10 19:18:08

Agree with Leo and Owen.

DarciesmumandTTC2 Fri 19-Nov-10 19:19:20

Lewis Joseph Robert I like

tabouleh Fri 19-Nov-10 19:30:42

OP please don't use "gay" in this way. Your DS should not be using it like this and you should be his guide.

Language shapes behaviour.

This use of "gay" is homophobic. All or some or 1 of your DCs could be homosexual.

Rhubarbgarden Fri 19-Nov-10 19:45:31

Agree with tabouleh

ThatllDoPig Fri 19-Nov-10 19:59:26

Which names would be gay? intrigued!

whoknowswhatthefutureholds Fri 19-Nov-10 20:44:06

agree tabouleh

superparty Mon 22-Nov-10 09:36:50

This isn't a thread about a 17 year olds use of the word gay, and for your information I didn't just sit and say oh ok, I did speak to him about his use of the word in any context. THANKYOU.

I wouldn't give a flying fluff if any of my children were homosexual, THAT IS NOT THE POINT OF THE THREAD.

If you wish to discuss a teenagers use of the word gay then go somewhere else, i was just asking some advice on a baby name FFS!!!

tabouleh Mon 22-Nov-10 10:30:12

It became (partially) a thread "about a 17 year olds use of the word gay" - because you said that in your OP!

I am very glad to hear that you spoke to him about his use of the word.

No I won't "go somewhere else" if I see homophobic language I will call it.

Other people also agree and have posted to say so. I suspect that a lot of (silent) MNers also agree.

IMO you have spoilt your own thread.

I suspect people don't want to post on here as they don't know how to respond to your OP.

You may want to start a new thread - simply asking for advice re names - (on which I am unlikely to post).

superparty Mon 22-Nov-10 12:33:31

You seem to have more of an issue with this subject than I, therefore I am not going to enter into an argument with you about it or the behaviour of my children.

Thankyou for your advice on starting a new thread but if you don't mind I'll take your advice with a pinch of salt and wish you and your obviously saintly family well

ElephantsAndMiasmas Mon 22-Nov-10 12:39:20

<lights candles and prays for intervention from tabouleh's family>

It's great that you spoke to him, sadly you've undone a bit of that good work by repeating his words on here - why did you?

LittleYellowTeapot Mon 22-Nov-10 13:04:18

It's something we should all have an issue with! The acceptance and use of homophobic language should never be tolerated.

I have teenagers too (and they're certainly not saintly) but I wouldn't allow them to use the word gay in this way - and I certainly wouldn't repeat it!

As for the names; they're all nice. I especially like Louis.

frakkinup Mon 22-Nov-10 13:15:33

I also wouldn't be repeating your DS's comments on here firstly because whether you challenge it or not you're also perpetrating the stereotype that some names may carry homosexual connotations by repeating it and secondly because you must think it has some importance which calls your attitudes into question to.

Out of your names I like Leo best but also the suggestions of Owen and Lewis. Not keen on Louis and I don't really think Oscar goes with your other DC's names - your girls have lovely soft names and Oscar sounds a bith harsh. Plus Owen and Mason are a nice pair of boys names.

superparty Mon 22-Nov-10 14:23:45

Hi all

I have been thinking about the thread and am sorry if the op caused any offence it certainly was not intended to do so. My son is not homophobic and I was annoyed that he was perceived to be by some.

I have asked for the thread to be removed.

Thankyou

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: