Talk

Advanced search

Alana/Alyssa/Georgia?

(13 Posts)
divadollz Wed 10-Nov-10 14:17:33

Hi there

Well we were set on Alana for our impending arrival, but now I am not sure. It is my middle name and my niece's middle name so it would probably be nice to give babs her own name.

However, it's my DH's favourite name in the world, and my father's favourite from our shortlist.

I have always loved Georgia and Alyssa is also a name we are considering. Name must complement 18mo DS James (I don't think any of them clash though).

What do you think???

Lexx Wed 10-Nov-10 14:43:11

Georgia's nice but too common I feel. I think I prefer Alyssa....

Mousesmummy Wed 10-Nov-10 17:14:06

My best friend is Allyssa, she is the Only one either she or I have ever heard of. I really like it obviously and I second that whilst Georgia is nice it can be fairly frequently used in some areas. Alana is also nice - so no use there then sorry!

Mousesmummy Wed 10-Nov-10 17:14:14

My best friend is Allyssa, she is the Only one either she or I have ever heard of. I really like it obviously and I second that whilst Georgia is nice it can be fairly frequently used in some areas. Alana is also nice - so no use there then sorry!

divadollz Thu 11-Nov-10 09:23:19

Thanks for responding, Alyssa is the name I actually feel most comfortable saying 'out loud' iykwim. Will just have to see if she really is an Alyssa when she arrives!

lilly13 Thu 11-Nov-10 11:54:26

I like both Alana & Alyssa. Not a fan of Georgia - I think of an old lady from southern american states - sorry!

smudgesmama Tue 11-Jan-11 01:33:04

my babys name is alyssa and I think its beautiful we adored it because its unique but not ott (just like my little one ) x

Deciduousblonde Tue 11-Jan-11 01:36:42

I like Alyssa

It's my neices middle name, and she wants to swap her names round! I also like Elysse/Elise.

PlanetLizard Tue 11-Jan-11 09:43:17

I like Georgia and Alyssa.

BendyBob Tue 11-Jan-11 09:51:56

I have an Alana so I'm biased there, but it's a new name in our family and she's the first.

I can totally see your pov about using a new name for your baby that doesn't already belong to others in the family - I think I might feel the same. Difficult as your dh loves it so much though.

Sorry no help whatsoever am I?blush

Prefer Alyssa/Alyssia to Georgia but only because it's is more uncommon.

LittleDonkin Tue 11-Jan-11 10:52:55

I wanted to call my DD Alana but my DH said he thought it sounded manly!!! I still love it!

purplefeet Tue 11-Jan-11 11:00:22

I like Alyssa best.

darleneconnor Tue 11-Jan-11 13:30:56

I like Alana and Alyssa although they do both have multiple spellings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now