Talk

Advanced search

Boys names to go with Honor....!?!?!

(48 Posts)
Highlandgirl Wed 03-Nov-10 16:56:50

DH and I have picked Honor if baby is a girl. However stuck on boys names. If we ever have a girl she will be called Honor so the name needs to 'work' with Honor.

DH wants the name to grab him, however that doesn't mean 'flowery or over the top'.

The only name we both 'like' is Jamie but whist it's a good / nice name it's just a bit well blaaaaa.

I don't wait anything currently in the Top 10..?

I've suggested Kit (brave) Hamish and Hugh.

What do you lot think could work...???

timetomove Wed 03-Nov-10 16:58:34

I know 2 honors. One with borther Arthur (Artie) and one with brother Rafe (or might be Ralph pronounced the Rafe way).

hellokitty123 Wed 03-Nov-10 16:58:40

I'd probably choose a different initial for dd and ds.

James is indeed a little bland/dull imo but tastes are different, aren't they. I like Christopher (Kit).

smother Wed 03-Nov-10 16:59:45

Obey

Highlandgirl Wed 03-Nov-10 17:00:55

Timetomove...I like both but don't think DH will go for Rafe (I've already suggested it twice)

I like Arthur but can you really look at a baby and call him Arthur...!?!?! Mind you all the Arthur's i've meet have been cool.

Highlandgirl Wed 03-Nov-10 17:03:15

Hahaha Smother...you are so funny! Jokes aren't needed, thank you very much.smile

Highlandgirl Wed 03-Nov-10 17:04:53

HelloKitty don't like Christopher, so it will just be 'Kit'

CheerfulYank Wed 03-Nov-10 17:09:35

I like Archer, nn Archie. Close to Arthur/Artie but a bit different. Love Honor btw.

Highlandgirl Wed 03-Nov-10 19:49:11

Do like Archie but DH doesn't...! Also I used to have a ex BF who's last name was Archibald so that's out..!

What about Oscar..? Maybe a bit done now?!?!

The initial's point is worth remembering, however we could save on school name tages..grin

goingdownhill Wed 03-Nov-10 20:50:58

I am watching with interest my DD is Honor and I am stuck for a name for DC4. I will be stealing shamelessly from your suggestions. grin

Tolalola Wed 03-Nov-10 21:41:14

I wanted Kit too, but DP utterly barred it. I think it's lovely, and I agree that it'd be nice for DCs to have different initials.

Highlandgirl Thu 04-Nov-10 08:40:05

Goingdownhill what are you other DC called......?? Shamelessly nick from you too grin I'm stuck with 1 name, finding 4...gosh not easy x

Tolalola I'm working on it...!

BlueChampagne Fri 05-Nov-10 13:55:19

Why are all the Faith/Hope/Charity etc names for girls? The closest I can think of for a boy is Justin.

Ineedsomesleep Fri 05-Nov-10 14:04:16

Connor?

kitsmummy Fri 05-Nov-10 14:53:39

I think Kit is the best name ever, on it's own, no Christopher needed (biased grin)

Highlandgirl Sun 07-Nov-10 21:17:56

I don't want a Faith/Hope etc etc style name for a boy. Just a name which goes with Honor.

Kitsmummy Good to know thanks xxx

goingdownhill Sun 07-Nov-10 21:24:06

Sorry for the delay. I have DS1 who is William and DS2 Lucas. I love Lucas but due to the huge leap in popularity I would not choose it again. I heavily suspect DC4 to be another boy. I desperately want to name him Xavier or Gabriel both have been firmly vetoed by DH. If I am wrong and it is a girl she would be Tessa or Alexandra. Girls names are so much easier !

blinks Sun 07-Nov-10 21:28:50

Evan
Blair
Cal
Tobias

spler Mon 08-Nov-10 07:24:21

My Honor has a brother John. The other Honor I know with a brother has a Theo.
HTH

mathanxiety Mon 08-Nov-10 17:41:09

Leo
Conrad
Clement
Edmund
Urban
Albin
Arnold
Michael
Gabriel
Asa
Aran
Louis
Toby/ Tobias
Isaac
Jonah

mathanxiety Mon 08-Nov-10 17:41:18

And David

pranma Mon 08-Nov-10 17:50:36

Kester is an old form of Christopher and shortens nicely to Kit.

loonies Mon 08-Nov-10 18:14:08

Soloman

loonies Mon 08-Nov-10 18:15:50

Jules
Louis
William (though perhaps a bit mundane I think it goes well with Honor)
Frank (Francis)
Rapheal
Gabrial

Highlandgirl Mon 08-Nov-10 19:06:03

mathanxiety thanks for your suggestions...!
Toby I love..! DH has used the veto card for Gabriel!

William doesn't work with our surname.

goingdownhill I love Alexandra..goes really well the Honor, William and Lucas...! DH vetod Xavier, DH is annoying..smile

Sorry pranma but I don't like Kester..! Any another suggestions...??

spler my father is John but DH doens't like Theo as he thinks it's too 'common' ie over used...!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now