Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing baby monitors. If you want to buy or sell baby monitors, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Baby monitor that doesn't create light in the parents room?

(11 Posts)
DrWhy Sat 10-Sep-16 22:12:04

This sounds a bit bonkers but we've started the search for a baby monitor, I think we've narrowed it down to wanting audio plus a sensor pad. Initially it will be used for naps if I want to be out of the room to go to the loo, make a cuppa etc. once he's in his own room though we'll obviously be using it overnight. This causes the problem, I really don't sleep well with any background light in the room and reviews of a couple of the monitors on Amazon suggest the parent units are really bright constantly.
Can anyone suggest a monitor with a sensor that works well and only 'lights up' on the parent end if the baby makes a noise or the sensor alarm goes off?

SpaceDinosaur Sun 25-Jun-17 19:26:52

I had a shitty arse monitor which kept breaking but it was dark until baby woke and made noise, then it lit up and sound on. It's called "Vox mode"

Popskipiekin Sun 25-Jun-17 19:32:21

Bit basic but put a shoe box/other box over it? (I've sometimes resorted to throwing a towel over it, turning it face down on the flood, hiding monitor under the bed facing the wall etc!). You'll still hear the baby noise.

MinisWin Sun 25-Jun-17 19:35:18

Angelcare monitor with Vox mode and a tiny bit of tape over the remaining LED light. Don't buy Motorola, the range is appalling. I was delighted when ours broke and I could buy something else!

HanarCantWearSweaters Sun 25-Jun-17 19:35:35

Stick some blutack over the light? Ours just has one small status light but lights up with a bar when they're screaming.

Youvegotafriendinme Sun 25-Jun-17 19:40:54

I have an angel care one. Mines audio and sensor pad. The parent monitor is very dim, you wouldn't notice it at all in a dark room and then it only lights up when baby makes a sound and even then it's still not very bright (sounds like a negative but it's not)

doobeedee Sun 25-Jun-17 22:53:12

We put a sick over our Angelcare! Does the job!

doobeedee Sun 25-Jun-17 22:53:38

Doh-sock, obviously!

outabout Sun 25-Jun-17 22:58:59

Cover lights with blutack or sticky tape. Socks, towels or other 'material' could cause the unit to overheat either shortening it's life (electrically) or a remote risk of fire.

AnneKK Wed 19-Jul-17 08:53:54

I can recommend Baby Monitor 3G. It has a night mode so the light is very dimmed.

emma1282 Mon 06-Nov-17 19:24:32

Check the baby monitors from Motorola. I think one of their models don't have a light. Check their website.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now