Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing baby monitors. If you want to buy or sell baby monitors, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Angelcare movement mat + carry cot - what to do with wires?

(9 Posts)
SaintDoglet Sun 21-Feb-16 14:30:39

Hi, we've just got the Angelcare movement mat and are planning to use an Uppababy carry cot for sleeping for the first six months or so.

I'm not sure how to use the movement mat in the carry cot as the wire from the movement mat would need to come up and over the side of the carry cot (there are no holes in the bottom), which presumably would be dangerous?

How do others use the movement mat with a carry cot or moses basket etc?

dementedpixie Sun 21-Feb-16 17:55:05

Never used one as there is no evidence to show they actually help to prevent SIDS.

cuntinghomicidalcardigan Sun 21-Feb-16 18:01:46

I have one (although ended up detaching the movement pad fairly early on. I used tape to cover the wire and stick it securely to the side of the cot.

FemaleDilbert Sun 21-Feb-16 18:08:07

I would not leave the wires trailing inside the cot. Can you make a little hole in the bottom?

FemaleDilbert Sun 21-Feb-16 18:11:16

Actually looking at a picture of it there seems to be a liner, can you put the sensor under the liner and then run the cable up the side of the cot inside the liner and down the outside?

fluffypenguinbelly Sun 21-Feb-16 18:15:42

I just made a little hole in the corner of my travel cot. Did the job.

lcoc2015 Sun 21-Feb-16 18:21:53

I think there has been a couple of safety warnings for the angelcare monitor in relation to trailing wires. I know there was a couple of tragic deaths in the us. I would check their website to ensure you set it up correctly.

Ange1984 Mon 05-Sep-16 23:15:31

I have fished out my angel care sensor mat for my sister in law to use. The monitor part is no longer working but she just wants to use the mat part. Does anyone know how and if you can just use the sensor mat alone without the monitor? Many thanks

Needanewhome Mon 05-Sep-16 23:28:20

But the monitor is what gives you the alert if the sensor pad detects no movement, can't see how you could use one without the other.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now