Talk

Advanced search

Places to eat in London for Coeliacs

(6 Posts)
IceCreamConewithaflake Sat 19-Oct-19 11:17:37

All advice appreciated.
We are having a day out in London next week. We will be doing touristy things like seeing Trafalgar Square and Hamleys/Harrods so ideally the venue wouldn't be miles on the outskirts. I don't know London at all.
Does anyone have any recommendations for a meal in the evening that caters for Coeliacs? There is 1 child, 1 tween and one teen plus 2 adults.
Lunch venues would work too (we could have our main meal at lunch and then just sandwiches for tea).
Many thanks grin

Calmingvibrations Sat 19-Oct-19 11:26:08

I’ve noticed that Pret have started a couple of open gf sandwiches and an egg based frittata / omelette thing. Some soups are gf too.

Rossopomodoro do great gf pizza, the best I’ve found

Burger places like GBK do gf menu

Carluccios do gf menu too. I like their breakfast / brunch meals - although a bit small for my liking.

There is (or at least was, I’m sure it’s still there) a gf only restaurant in Brixton market. That did a great burger.

They are my go to places to eat but I’m not allergic - just try and control my autoimmune disease through diet. So every time I order a dish they ask if I’m allergic and I say no. So not sure what the outcome would be if I said yes. Iyswim.

WineOrGinOrBoth Sat 19-Oct-19 11:29:23

Cote does a gf menu. Costa coffee has some gf options also.

WineOrGinOrBoth Sat 19-Oct-19 11:29:55

Also Wagamama, Prezzo & pizza express.

hoxt Sat 19-Oct-19 11:33:18

This is in Soho www.leggero-london.com/

This is on The Strand www.onealdwych.com/food-drink/indigo

www.nichefoodanddrink.com/ is run by a coeliac! It’s in Islington, a short tube ride from the West End.

As they’re all 100% gluten free it’s a lot less risky. My dh is coeliac and we very rarely eat out as cross contamination is such a pain in the arse.

mapleleafshiba Sat 19-Oct-19 11:33:55

I'd stick with brands if I'm honest. Pizza express is brilliant especially with kids. I like Wagamamas, pho and Chiquitos too but depends what cuisine you fancy.

Leon is lovely for fast food options! I love the one in Euston station, it's really handy and their chicken nuggets are delicious.

Enjoy your day smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »