Talk

Advanced search

Being investigated for ibd could it be ibs

(3 Posts)
Washingfordays Fri 11-Oct-19 15:16:53

Hey everyone, like the title says I am waiting to have a colonoscopy. Have been having bowel symptoms since June.
In June I had a week of nausea, I couldn’t eat. My mouth was covered in ulcers. I then got loose stools. I was in huge amounts of pain, going to the dr at least once a week till I was referred for a gastro review.
I am now getting loose stools (up to ten times a day) but can be none. Pain (not as severe) also lots of rectal mucus. This can smell fishy?
Would love just a bit of support, through lots of googling all of this can be ibs. I am worried that the colonoscopy I have booked (November) all inflammation will be gone. (All my pain is lower right sided)

IceAndASlice123 Sat 09-Nov-19 18:55:34

Do you have urgency? Any blood?
Have you been asked to do a calprotectin test? (Measures inflammation in the intestines through a stool sample.)
I have ulcerative colitis and my symptoms ranged from severe diarrhoea (in the night as well), rectal bleeding and mucus, stomach pain, rectal pain and vomiting.

Washingfordays Sat 16-Nov-19 20:52:29

Thanks for the reply, I had a colonoscopy in October , I have colitis.
I started on octasa, and prednisolone, had the worst side effects, so stopped both. Went back on octatsa, for a few days, no side effects, so now having rectal prednisolone. My symptoms are finally settling.
How do you find working? I have been struggling with fatigue, struggling with symptoms at work (the urgency, and pain) how do you cope with the medication

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »