Talk

Advanced search

Could it be a thyroid issue?

(3 Posts)
poopcollector101 Mon 23-Sep-19 14:09:56

Wondered if anyone can help. Been experiencing a horrible feeling for the past 3 days now and can't explain it or figure out how to make it go away.

Bit of background - for the past 2 months I have followed a low-carb diet, sticking to around 50g of carbs a day, lots of fats and moderate protein. Been doing very well on it and feeling bags more energy and positivity. Lost about 8lb (I'm not overweight, just carrying more than I wanted to be)

On Friday when I suddenly started feeling a bit nauseous and I had no appetite for my tea. Saturday morning I woke up with a terrible headache and body aches like I was coming down with something. I was also burning up, however when I took my temp it was normal. All day I got hot sweats and suffered from lack of energy and muscle weakness along with a pounding headache. The only thing I could think to do was eat something sugary and carby - which did seem to help slightly but by the evening the uneasy feeling was back. All day Sunday was the same with the addition of a terribly foggy brain, I went to tescos and could barely focus to pick out food for tea.

Today is similar, also my eyes feel dry and sensitive. Paracetamol and ibuprofen don't seem to touch the headache. The worst thing is my thermostat seems to have gone completely and I am boiling hot ALL the time.

My anxiety is through the roof. I have made a GP appointment but it isn't until end of October! I don't know what to do, I feel like my body and brain is shutting down or running on half power.

poopcollector101 Mon 23-Sep-19 15:04:03

Just bumping, desperately hoping for any advice!

gostiwooz Mon 23-Sep-19 22:44:33

With a headache that bad, your GP's surgery should make an emergency appointment for you. Call them back and say it is urgent.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »